how will I fair against a hci c6z?

13GT500SG

Established Member
Checkout the smack talk cafe section. His car has been a best of 10.2 @137. Averages 10.5 135mph

rancid

Established Member
You did good, while my old Z didn't have H/C/I I had some mods and the car was just stupid quick because of how light it was. A couple more mods (maybe a ported blower, longtubes, maybe some cams) and the outcome would have been different unless he sprayed.

Really wish we could come up with a definitive way to drop 300lb off this car without it ruining the interior or performance of the car for the street.

13GT500SG

Established Member
Thanks guys def a good race and impressed with the way my car ran up top. Esp in the humidity.

rford13

Established Member
I am curious what your car would run at the track though. Any plans for that?

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Great run! Love to hear the guy with the 700 lb lighter two-seater complain about how his car would've been faster on the bottle. :lol:

Well, so would the GT500! :rollseyes

13GT500SG

Established Member
Lol but he said it still wouldny be fair with me on the bottle bc thatd be two power adders.... I just cant win.

R1Lello

Established Member
Great run! Love to hear the guy with the 700 lb lighter two-seater complain about how his car would've been faster on the bottle. :lol:

Well, so would the GT500! :rollseyes

would love to see that - upper pulley, lower 15% plus spray........please mount the camera in the engine bay for us but protect the camera from damage:beer:

13GT500SG

Established Member
R1lello, no upper here. A 50-75 shot does wonders on these cars. Tq will be double the shot and it cools iats quite a bit!

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Lol but he said it still wouldny be fair with me on the bottle bc thatd be two power adders.... I just cant win.

Not your fault the Shelby comes with a "power adder" as standard equipment!

Everyone can go back and forth about power adders, bolt-ons, gearing, weight, etc....:sleeping: The bottom line in this race is that both drivers agreed to the terms of the roll before it started and the GT500 won. At the end of the day, no matter what car you like, everyone should just be impressed that the new GT500s are competing/winning roll races with much pricier purpose-built Corvettes. Chevy's muscle car offering in the GT500 price range/class wouldn't even be in the same camera frame in a 40-150 roll race against the Shelby.

R1Lello

Established Member
^^^

Since you're comparing prices - only the 2013 GT500 is impressing- against a car that's been the same since 2006, so compare a 2006 Z on the market today vs the 2013 GT500. Apples to oranges now isn't it? .......and it took 7 years of production to 'catch' up. Not hating, just facts.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
^^^

Since you're comparing prices - only the 2013 GT500 is impressing- against a car that's been the same since 2006, so compare a 2006 Z on the market today vs the 2013 GT500. Apples to oranges now isn't it? .......and it took 7 years of production to 'catch' up. Not hating, just facts.

7 years to "catch up" to a car that a Mustang should not be compared to is great.
Ps- Go match up the C6z to the ancient 9 year old Ford GT........

72SBC

Established Member
^^^

I didn't know they made Camaros in 2006? Because that's what the Mustang has been compared to since 1967.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
^^^

To hit the same price point we're now comparing several year-old used cars with no warranty against brand new 2013s/2014s with a 3/36 bumper to bumper? What was that about apples and oranges? :lol1:

Listen, I'm not arguing that the Z06 isn't a great performance car. I owned a 2009 and loved what it did REALLY well -went fast. But that's ALL that car does. (And in fairness to Chevrolet, that's all it was built to do!) From the thinner windshield glass, lighter weight roof panel, less sound deadening, and everything else designed to cut weight, the Z06 is a track machine. The GT500 isn't, nor is it meant to be. It's a practical car with room for four, a big trunk, a nice interior, and a comfortable ride- none of which a Z06 can compete with. That's what makes the GT500s speed so impressive. It is achieving the same or greater acceleration numbers as a Z06 without sacrificing EVERYthing else you have to sacrifice to drive a Z06.

I just can't understand why so many in the Vette crowd get so butt-hurt and full of excuses should a GT500 ever pull out front of a Z06.

SPRAY4U

Established Member
To hit the same price point we're now comparing several year-old used cars with no warranty against brand new 2013s/2014s with a 3/36 bumper to bumper? What was that about apples and oranges? :lol1:

Listen, I'm not arguing that the Z06 isn't a great performance car. I owned a 2009 and loved what it did REALLY well -went fast. But that's ALL that car does. (And in fairness to Chevrolet, that's all it was built to do!) From the thinner windshield glass, lighter weight roof panel, less sound deadening, and everything else designed to cut weight, the Z06 is a track machine. The GT500 isn't, nor is it meant to be. It's a practical car with room for four, a big trunk, a nice interior, and a comfortable ride- none of which a Z06 can compete with. That's what makes the GT500s speed so impressive. It is achieving the same or greater acceleration numbers as a Z06 without sacrificing EVERYthing else you have to sacrifice to drive a Z06.
I just can't understand why so many in the Vette crowd get so butt-hurt and full of excuses should a GT500 ever pull out front of a Z06.[/QUOTE

^^^ Exactly. Well said. The Z06 is and was developed as a production sports car to compete with others that are road course inspired. That being said and not taking anything away from the Shelby. Ford really got it right with the GT500. I own an 08' Z06 that I purchased after selling my 03' Whippled Cobra. The Z06 is a fantastic all around machine but it has its pros and cons. Now the 13'-14' Shelby's are just flat out Muscle cars. In my book they are both awesome machines. If I could I would own both. Here is a link to a vid, thought you guys would enjoy. alanis foxbody cobra - YouTube I guess you can say I miss the whine!:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread