How wide?

fordfx584

Established Member
Before I get bashed I attempted to search for this probably simple answer! My newly purchased 11 with the SVTPP has original F1 2010 production year tires still on it.The car has roughly 6,800 miles on it and the tires are hard as a rock. I'd love to throw DR'S on the rear with as wide as I can go on the 20's without widing them yet.Any input would be great!Thanks guys!

HKusp

Established Member
I have had 305's on mine with no issues. I DO however have relocation brackets . I just bought a set of Nitto NT05'S IN 315 width but haven't mounted them to know if they will tuck under with no issues.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you'll find most tire manufacturer's recommend a 285 as the widest tire on a 9.5" wide rim.

PM-Performance

Established Member
agreed that 285-295 is the better width to go with. Plenty do 305's on them and they look kinda ok, but they will bulge plain and simple.
Honestly, you will rarely be able to tell the difference in width looking at them anyway, and if you actually want traction, dont oversize your tires as they can cup and actually give you less traction.

Users who are viewing this thread