How to ???

luv2hiss

Transplanted again...
Established Member
I have to get my fuel tank on the Cobra drained down to 1/4 of a tank for the World of Wheels show. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate, nor did my work schedule, to allow me to drive the car enough to empty the tank.

Anyone know of a safe way to remove about 5 gallons of fuel? From what I understand, it's not a feasible to syphon out thru fuel doors like we used to on our old cars? With the electric fuel pumps involved, I don't want to screw anything up.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
I know this may sound silly or not what you are looking for but you could just let the car sit and run for a certain amount of time each day until you get to the point you get to. These cars seems to eat gas pretty fast even when just sitting it seems. Just an idea. :thumbsup:

03yellow

Established Member
Yea get on it a few times on the freeway...22mpg off the boost...2.2mpg on the boost

Too much of a pain to get to the filter.

I have to get my fuel tank on the Cobra drained down to 1/4 of a tank for the World of Wheels show. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate, nor did my work schedule, to allow me to drive the car enough to empty the tank.

Anyone know of a safe way to remove about 5 gallons of fuel? From what I understand, it's not a feasible to syphon out thru fuel doors like we used to on our old cars? With the electric fuel pumps involved, I don't want to screw anything up.

Last edited:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
What about draining it off the fuel rail?

That's not something I'd ever do. Just throwing it out there...

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
no suggestions other than driving it....but why does it need to be at 1/4 tank for a car show?

Users who are viewing this thread