How to write up on installing BorlaCB BassaniX

mystic1996

Established Member
Got exhaust on order and was wondering if there was a write on how to install. Used search function and How to forum w/ no luck...I would like to do it myself. Is it possible with basic tools? What all with i need? welding required? how to prevent leaks?

thanks

mi_l123

JDM = Just Dust ME
Established Member
well its not that hard, i dont remember the sockets exactly but it's pretty straight forward. it can be done with basic tools.

1st: let the car cool down if it has been driven.
2nd: use a lift if not jackstands secured properly.
3rd: spray penetrating oil (wd40) on the bolts and rubber grommets
4th: take off the stock c/b
5th: take off the H pipe (the passenger side will be harder to reach, use extensions and wobbles)
6th: put on bassani X (attach o2 sensors if you got the catted ones) use MIL for no cats
7th: put on borla c/b

i forgot what i used to prevent leaks, but check it by starting the car and feel around it. and there will be no welding required. good luck & another advice i would polish the c/b with 04sleeper's way before you put it on.

Last edited:

mystic1996

Established Member
thank you!...polishing is def. on the winter project list....gonna put eveything on 1st to make sure no issues then remove and polish before final install. looking forward to a the exhaust note...car is stock with 5k miles on it.....gonna be my 1st mod:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread