How to tell if stock tune is on Xcal

Satyr

Established Member
I have a custom tune on my car right now (obviously), and had a 2.8" upper pulley with a tune before that. I had to get a new tuner for my current tune, because the last owner never included his handheld. As such, I am not sure if the "factory" tune that was pulled off my ECU and replaced with my current revision is the stock Terminator tune. Is there a way I can check to see which tune it is? I am returning my car to stock and need the factory tune, so that's why I am interested.

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
Plug in your xcal to computer of choice. Open sct device updated. Then theres a choice to get stock file from device. Do that. If it says no stock file, upload a tune and it will download the stock tune in the meantime. Im pretty sure. If not wait til monday and call sct they are very helpful technicians.

Satyr

Established Member
Plug in your xcal to computer of choice. Open sct device updated. Then theres a choice to get stock file from device. Do that. If it says no stock file, upload a tune and it will download the stock tune in the meantime. Im pretty sure. If not wait til monday and call sct they are very helpful technicians.

If it doesn't already have the stock tune, i don't think it would be possible to get the stock tune in the meantime. I will try the computer method to check, though.

Satyr

Established Member
Well, I pulled the stock file onto my computer in hopes of figuring this out, but still am not sure which file is on the handheld. It would seem obvious that "return to stock" would indicate the stock tune is on the handheld. However, I am not sure how it could have that tune on it, considering that the last tune on the car was not the stock one. Hmmm.
Guess I will have to wait until Monday to give SCT a call, unless someone knows of a way to determine this another way.

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
So you have a handheld that you bought after you bought the car which already had a tune on it from another handheld. Am I reading right?

Have you tried to return to stock?

Satyr

Established Member
So you have a handheld that you bought after you bought the car which already had a tune on it from another handheld. Am I reading right?

That is correct.

Have you tried to return to stock?

No, because my car is not stock right now. I will be swapping the stock parts back in this week most likely, but need to know which tune is going to be on the car so I know it is safe for the next owner. I am going to call SCT tomorrow, as I am sure they can tell you which tune it is somehow.

Answers in bold, above.

Users who are viewing this thread