How To Tell If Pulley Has Been Swapped?

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
I'm going to be looking at a Cobra for my brother tomorrow and I was hoping for some good info / pics on what to look for as far as the pulley being swapped or not. It's got a stock pulley and guard on it, but I really want to make sure it's what it's supposed to be.

I did a search, but it didn't turn up much... :(

Even if the pulley was removed, you can't really score that as a reason not to buy the car. I think if you're capable and the seller allows, a compression test is the best way to know for sure what kind of motor you are getting. Then again, I understand its not something all sellers will allow you to do. When I purchased mine used, I had one done and all the cylinders were pretty much between 172-180. That was good enough for me and mine had a 2.8 and the stock tune on it.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
There is usually a black plastic plug in the bolt hole in the blower snout, if it is missing or looks molested, the pulley has been changed.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
i think there is a black plastic piece that goes over the snout. there is a yellow dot on that black plastic piece but i have heard that can be put back on even after it has been pullied. i dont think there is any way to tell. if the car drives good go for it! good luck.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread