How to reset or relocate gauge needles?

whitesnake03

Venomous Tennessean
Established Member
I got me an boost gauge overlay and installed it, but when I took the needle off, the gear pin came loose inside, so I had to take all of the needles off of the gauges on the dash cluster enable to get the back off to fix it. My question is how in the world do I put the neeldes back on and get them correct?

I put them on by the tabs and inserts of the cluster, but when I turn on the ignition they move to I know they aren't right. I got the RPM's correct because I remembered what it idled at when fully warms so I got that one fixed. So any recommendations?

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
be careful, I bent my brother-in-law's when removing and installing the needle. I put the needle in the center of the black line on the lower left. Hope that helps.

whitesnake03

Venomous Tennessean
Established Member
I tried doing that on all of them, but when I turned the ignition on, the needles jumped up quite a bit.

whitesnake03

Venomous Tennessean
Established Member
Ok, I might have all but the speedo set correctly. Before you start your car where is your needles on all of the gauges? Anyone?

Then after you start your car where is your speedometer and oil pressure needles at?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread