How to program a keyless remote aka FOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

svtjerrod

Established Member
just a quick fact about lightnings.. to program a new key fob or an old one that has come unprogrammed all you have to do is sit in your truck and with the key turn it from off to run(without starting to veh) 8 times ending in run, you will then hear the locks cycle(basically just lock then unlock by themselves)to indicate that the vehicle is in proram mode. then press any button on the fob you want to program and the locks will cycle to confirm its programming has been recorded. at this time if you have multiple fobs you would then press any button on the second fob and the locks will cycle to confirm its programming has been recorded. then to end the programming mode just turn the vehicl to off. you can program as many fobs as you want, you just have to have them all present at the time you program them.

Just as an extra note i have an 01 expedition and an 01 lightning i only have one fob on my key chain.. it will control either vehicle. just run the programming for your fob in the lightning and if you have another vehicle that has the same kind of fob you would do the programming the same way with the same fob only in the other vehicle. Some of the ford cars had fobs and the only difference is that the car fob has a trunk button, you could even in some cases program that fob to a truck, just obviously the trunk button will not work anything on the truck. just try it even if the vehicle enters programming mode and you do not do anything it will not erase any of the other fobs. so if you dont know if the fob will work or not in your vehicle just try this process to program it and dont worry you will not hurt anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread