How To Paint Radiator Shroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlightning347

Jimmy Lightning
Established Member
How To Paint Radiator Shroud.

1. Fist Remover the stock 7 plastic screws that hold the shroud to the truck. Remover the 8mm bolt that holds the Intercooler Reservoir , and set the reservoir a side and remover the shroud.

2. Now I removed the Smog Sticker, and info sticker with a fresh razor blade so I could save them. I put them on some plastic and put them in my glove box. “ CA needs them for Smog “

3. Now Start the sanding process to remove the lip witch was around the stickers. I used 500grit to get rid of the lip.

4. Then used 800grit all over the shroud to help Smoothen out the shroud.

5. Then I prepped the shroud for primmer, with soap and water.

6. Now I used “ SEM Flexible Primer “ I did about 2-3 Thin coats.
SEM39133.jpg

7. I used Steel Wool between coats of primmer to help keep it smooth.

8. Now I used Duplicolor rim paint “HWP101 Silver” I did 2-3 thin coats. Doing step 7 again with the Steel Wool.

9. Now I used Duplicolor rim paint “WP 103 Clear” 1-2 coats to finish it all off.

10. At this time I used Rust-Oleum Silver paint on the Radiator Support beam witch has the hood latch on it. I did about 2 coats on it.
rotors005.jpg

11. Now after letting the paint sit for 24 hours. I installed the shroud and used the stock black clips.

12. Now I installed the “ Powered By SVT “ Emblem. Witch is off of the SVT Focus valve cover. The Part Number is = 2M5Z-6404-BA

This is a before shot.
333333333336666644444tttttt.jpg

After.

11.jpg

12-1.jpg

13.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread