How to: Paint letters on coil covers...

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
So after getting my "Powered By Ford" coil covers and looking at them in my engine bay they seemed a little bland. Decided to paint the lettering to add some contrast and help them pop. Turned out great, couldnt be happier.

You will need:
- painters tape
- your color choice of paint
- razor blade
- about 30-40 minutes per side and patience

Start off by covering the lettering with blue painters tape. Then, with your razor blade, carefully cut out the letters. Next, use the brush and your touch up painted to fill in each letter. Remove the tape and enjoy your new coil covers. If you have any paint that managed to get outside the lettering, and it will happen, just take your razor blade and carefully scrape it off. It comes off pretty easy. I image you could also use a rag with paint thinner and wipe off the excess.

Now for the pics (taken with my iphone :dw: )...

photo6.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Very cool, I put silly putty in mine, and sanded and painted, leaving the letters clear :-D

Not to highjack., will delete if you would like, this is just the opposite
0819081931.jpg

0819082054.jpg

0820082125.jpg

0822082036.jpg

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
nice! its cool man, give people some options. Just leaving them as they come just didnt look right to me.

2003snake

Established Member
i thought about doing the line under the words in screaming yellow. i think sonic blue would look good. That price is high!

I bet that would be a nice accent.....the price is actually not that bad - I checked with FORD and they want $240 a set, $172 a set wholesale.....now that is high!

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I bet that would be a nice accent.....the price is actually not that bad - I checked with FORD and they want $240 a set, $172 a set wholesale.....now that is high!

wow! buyfordracing.com had them for $39.99 but they sold out i believe. I found mine on ebay from blue oval industries for $49.99 with free shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread