how to- on installing AEM A/F guage

99SVT3753

5.4L Snake
Established Member
Need to know the exact gauge model number #1 .. and if it's on your Lighting or not #2 ..

Most gauges will hook to say the GREY wire on one of the front O2 sensors but is dependant upon the year.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
99SVT3753 said:
Need to know the exact gauge model number #1 .. and if it's on your Lighting or not #2 ..

Most gauges will hook to say the GREY wire on one of the front O2 sensors but is dependant upon the year.

thats for a narrow band... IE hunk of crap...

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
i have a how to from when i put my aem wideband on my srt4...if thats any help ill post it up. i posted the samething in your thread over on nloc also

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
it was a pretty simple install. i installed the o2 sensor bout 3 in away from upstream o2 at same angle. installed the module on the framerail and ran my wires into the cab. used the same power source for the guage as my other gauges and grounded it in same place on kick panel. used the switched hot that stayed on while cranking just as with my electric boost gauage.

Chrolle

Established Member
LightningMAS said:
i need instructions on how installing an AEM A/F guage...
Thanks
michael

The porevious owner of my truck had a wire coming from the black wire on the O2 sensor on drivers side by the transmission, then had it ran up the firewall into the truck and laying under the dash, Guess he pulled the pod and stuff out when he sold it.

I threw a pod in and for giggle put in a A/F Gauge and im not sure that is even something right cause it just sits with 1 light on that slowey goes to rich after driving it for an hour, all it does it move 1 light bar every 2 or 3 mins. lol

I s=did a search to see if that was correct and it says same thing. Now if your talking wideband thats a whole different game. I had mine installed for me yesterday.

LightningMAS

Banned
thank you sir, but i really need one from a Lightning..

its the wideband im installing.. whole thing.. i dont know how to ground wires.. im not really good with wires...lol

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
aem wideband was really easy to install

I removed my rear O2 sensors and put the wideband sensor on the rear driver side and blocked off the passenger side, ran the wires through the floor and up to the a-pillar connected the pos and neg wires and your done, turn the truck on turned off the rear 02's and your done :thumbsup:

99SVT3753

5.4L Snake
Established Member
Ah .. sorry .. was at work (watching over my shoulder) LOL

didn't realize it was a Wideband. .. ya .. need a "bung" and have it welded into place as stated above

LightningMAS

Banned
i already have the bung made... i just need wiring pics.. just the black to the ground and red to the 15a amp.. thats it.. i know someone have pics of the wiring setup.. come on, dont be shy to take a pic and show me.. :)

I cant wire worth of shit.. last time i wired something, i electricuted myself...lol

Users who are viewing this thread