How to on bleeding master cylinder?????

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Okay, I got a little information through the search function and google isn't much more help.

For some reason my master cylinder for my brakes went out. Odd, as when I searched, I'm not finding a single other one that's gone on a terminator.

Bleeding....I think I have it down, but I want to make 100% sure.

There are 4 openings on the MC....two that are bleeder screws and two that go into the hard brake lines. The bleeder kit that comes with it fits into the bottom two holes (brake line holes), but from what I'm reading, I bleed this thing ON the car so I don't need these two fittings.

I need to know if I'm correct before I jump into this tomorrow. My plan is to install the master cylinder, fill it up with fluid, bleeding the master cylinder using the two bleeder screws, front one first and then the back and then bleeding the brakes.

Am I on the right track? The information I have found is from Jimmy so I'm hoping he will chime in.

Pic of what I have now....I'm going to remove the bottom two fittings and install them to the hard brake lines.
6BDF298A-64A4-4E6F-B174-822A59CF5AFC-7162-0000039C24A3FF64.jpg

Last edited:

phatboy5015

Established Member
I know this is old, but the easiest way to bench bleed these master cylinders is to leave the master cylinder in the car, with brake lines hooked up to the bottom like they usually are. Then get two clear hoses and hook them up to the two bleeder screws on the side and run the ends of the hoses into the fluid reservoir. Then fill the reservoir and pump until no more air bubbles go through the hose.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I know this is old, but the easiest way to bench bleed these master cylinders is to leave the master cylinder in the car, with brake lines hooked up to the bottom like they usually are. Then get two clear hoses and hook them up to the two bleeder screws on the side and run the ends of the hoses into the fluid reservoir. Then fill the reservoir and pump until no more air bubbles go through the hose.

Ironically enough, this is EXACTLY what I did!! Great advice :beer:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
No. Gotta watch the fluid. I just used a mighty vac and the bleeder screws. Took 10 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread