How To Mount Seatbelts With Aftermarket Seats?

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
Hello guys. I just purchased a set of Sparco Pro 2000 seats for my Cobra in effort to shed a little weight. What are you guys doing about mounting seat belts? I still have the stock belts as well as some Simpson cam lock harnesses that came with the seats. I don't have a roll bar or plan to buy one at this time. What would be a secure and safe way to mount the female seat belt receptacle with the aftermarket seats? Also, is there any way to mount the harnesses safely?

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Does your seat have a stout side support? What I did was make a metal plate that bolted to the side of the actual seat "L" bracket. Worked like a charm.

Take a pic of your seats from the perspective of the seatbelt and post them up. I am sure there will be a good solution that folks can help you out with.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I noticed Sparco seat rails have a sturdy looking eyelet on the side in approximately the same area the stock seats have the seatbelt receptacle mounted. I supposed I could get a grade 8 bolt and nut and mount the receptacle there. I don't plan to use the harnesses right now. I find them annoying on the street.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I purchased a grade 8 bollt, nut, and some washers and fastened the seatbelt receptacle to the eyelet I described above. And no I won't mount the harnesses unless I get a roll bar or harness bar.

Users who are viewing this thread