HOW TO: modify a Termi IAC valve for single blade throttle bodies

gabe1530

Banned
Great write up. I'm going to do this on my next day off with an extra iac valve I have lying around. Hoping it will help my idle and cold starts.

My96z

Established Member
Good job! Nice to know that this will work with the Dragon. I might hog my KB plenum out from a dual to single and throw on a Dragon TB.

I bet you could make a few bucks doing this mod for those who dont want to do it themselves.

hookandpull

Established Member
I wouldnt feel comfortable charging people for it... Although it does work! It takes some fine tuning with your voltage tables to get the car to idle properly.

gabe1530

Banned
got mine done yesterday. had fun and it DEF works, wish i did it sooner. idles so much better and car just feels healthier. heres the pics.
IMG_1333-1.gif

IMG_1334.gif

IMG_1335.gif

hookandpull

Established Member
You also need to remember that some plenums dont have the first IAC hole blocked off meanig that if you were to take a pencil and drop it in the the hole closest to the TB the pencil will fall all the way through to the inside of the plenum. If this is the case you need to make a gasket that blocks off that hole or else the plunger in the IAC will never be able to control how much air it lets in. Most plenums this is not the case but on the POSI ported Dragon SBTB plenums this is the case. I just made a gasket that blocked the first TB port, and it works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread