How to measure drop?

whizdumb81

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Established Member
I was recently told that my car was very low compared to a fellow new edge owner that i ran into at my job. I purchased the car the way it is now and have never thought that it was really low.. However, I looked at his car compared to mine and i'm convinced that mine is indeed pretty low.. Anyway, I was just wondering what the best way to measure the ground clearance of the car. (where to measure it from, how to measure and what the stock height is compared to what it is now) I guess that i just want to know how much this car is dropped and possibly what can be done to raise it a little (IE how does one go about installing ISO's and where can you get them).. I believe that the ISO's are not in and it makes for a slightly harsh and rattlely ride..

Thanks for the help:beer:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
you can measure frome the ground to the side skirt right by the front and rear wheels. if you have stock sidewall height tires, you can measure the gap in between the top of the tire and the edge of the fender.

whizdumb81

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Established Member
you can measure frome the ground to the side skirt right by the front and rear wheels. if you have stock sidewall height tires, you can measure the gap in between the top of the tire and the edge of the fender.

So if i were to measure like that.. What numbers am I looking at? Whats stock height from the side skirts to the ground and the fender-well to the tire(stock wheel size of course)...

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
ground to fender is how i always measured it.

I want to say stock hieght was almost 29 inches from ground to fender(like 28 3/4")

Users who are viewing this thread