how to make 94 cobra outrun 96 svt?????

sweeperstang

new to the "SVT" world
Established Member
how can i make our 94 cobra (bbk cold air run into fender, shortys, dr. gas x, mac cat-back, underdrives, superchips chip.) outrun my buddies 96 cobra (flowmasters -2 cats, no tune.)? our cobra has the stock gear, i think it could at least use 355s but i dont want the car to low. but what do yall think it wll take to outrun his 96?

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
At least 3.73's, dont waste your time on 3.55's unless you gegt a KB. My RPM's are perfect with my 3.73's. You cant go wrong with a H/C/I setup, get a set of longtubes, that will help out the 5.0 better.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
3.73's are perfect. I wouldve done Longtubes, but it's illegal in Cali. So I dont know laws in SC

The C&L package is pretty cheap and is way better than my old MAC intake. It was like 230ish on ebay for the package that I got, and I am very happy with it.

sweeperstang

new to the "SVT" world
Established Member
but what if he changes his gear? hes kinda wanting 373s now also. he loves the way my 89 feels down low with the 373s

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Hehe tell him to get 3.73's because 4.10's and 4.30's wake up the car more. If he puts gears in there, then he will probably be able to pull away from you.

sweeperstang

new to the "SVT" world
Established Member
Midnight_Cobra said:
3.73's are perfect. I wouldve done Longtubes, but it's illegal in Cali. So I dont know laws in SC

The C&L package is pretty cheap and is way better than my old MAC intake. It was like 230ish on ebay for the package that I got, and I am very happy with it.
Midnight_Cobra said:

the law is basicly there is no law. no cats , big headers loud mufflers just dont hammer ur car round cops (obviously) oh and they dont act kindly toward roll bars either. for some reason. . .

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Well if thats the case, i would go longtubes with a O/R midpipe (h for me!) and catback is up to the owner.

5.0's dont really gain hp numbers until either the heads or intake is changed. Boltons are good, but whats the use if your boltons are really good but the heads dont allow that much airflow?

Just some stuff to think about

sweeperstang

new to the "SVT" world
Established Member
thats a good point hey would you check out my other thread , its in same section 89 5.0 vs. 96 cobra. tell me you thoughts on my 89 . . .

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
yea I have a comment.......

you dont have a chance 5.0 < DOHC 4.6 :p

J/k gears would be a big help, and with sticky tires could get it done but If he goes with gears also your going to need more hp at the tires to hang.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
more power, i dont have to worry about power difference cause i can beat most 4.6's :)

but for the most part 4.6's are faster. I like my 5.0 just cause parts are cheap and its easy to work on

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
more power, i dont have to worry about power difference cause i can beat most 4.6's :)

but for the most part 4.6's are faster. I like my 5.0 just cause parts are cheap and its easy to work on

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
did I strike a nerve with the 4.6 being superior comment :-D

Relax midnight cobra I know the 5.0 has a place in the world and demands respect, but I am just stateing facts the 4.6 DOHC is a superior motor compared to the 5.0 look at it this way your comparing 40 year old technology to current day engine design.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
Midnight_Cobra said:

very true.....but to the original poster, if he gets the 373's you should be able to beat him if u get 373s. My cousin has a 89 gt with cobra intake, gt-40 p-heads, B cam, 373's, and flowmaster exhaust with no cats, and he would beat me pretty bad from a dead stop but now that i have 410's we are pretty close when he doesnt use his dr's. These cars turn into animals with gears so if he goes bigger then 373's then u def. will need intake manifold, heads and cam to keep up. As u already know its not hard to get a fox 5.0 to beat a bolt on 96-98 cobra, but in a 5.0 sn95, the little power with the same amount of weight as 96-98's is hard to make up.

Users who are viewing this thread