HOW TO: Killer Chiller Installation (Pics & Video)

Jefe

Established Member
Your I/C fluid is 35-40 degrees F? Holy crap!!! My bad!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I talked to Joe tonight.:rockon::beer:

This is an amazing product, I am excited and very honored to be one of the possible testers of this unit in an HPDE/Open Track use scenario.

20 minutes of 70% or more WIDE OPEN THROTTLE ACTION!

I think it is going to KICK ASS!

STAY TUNED!:rockon::dancenana:

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
hmmmm what happens if you add a bag of ice to your res tank ? :-D

i dont have a k/c but when i pack my tank with ice, its melted after a 2nd gear burnout and 1/8 mile blast... wonder if the k-c will help any?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
hmmmm what happens if you add a bag of ice to your res tank ? :-D

i dont have a k/c but when i pack my tank with ice, its melted after a 2nd gear burnout and 1/8 mile blast... wonder if the k-c will help any?

you'll never open your I/C reservoir cap again, the coolant is ice cold all the time!

Jimmy. Shoot me a message next time you plan to register for a HPDE day. I'd really like to take my Cobra to one of these but i'd like to go for a ride-along first with ya! My car is making 22-23psi and i don't want to go retune for much less boost just yet

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
you'll never open your I/C reservoir cap again, the coolant is ice cold all the time!

Jimmy. Shoot me a message next time you plan to register for a HPDE day. I'd really like to take my Cobra to one of these but i'd like to go for a ride-along first with ya! My car is making 22-23psi and i don't want to go retune for much less boost just yet

Will do.

You can get a good preview of correct lines in the Sam Crumpacker video thread I posted, though plan on going significantly slower than Sam, LOL! Except at the entry to turn one.

If you pay attention to your temps, shift early like at 5500, and use your torque as opposed to your horse power, you should be able to get through you sessions without limp.

If you see it getting close just use the big straight as a cooling zone by shifting into 5th and just cruise easy at about 100 you can easily drop 3 or 4 degrees C and then be able to get back into it in the twisty bits where all the fun is anyway.

Typically at my power level with my limited cooling mods I usually don't have to do that until about two laps from the end of the session.

I for sure will shoot you a heads up.:beer:

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
I just installed my Killer Chiller a few days ago and I need a bigger air compressor to use my cheapo HF vacuum pump to get the freon in. I have a few questions. Do I have to wait till the engine can run to put the freon in? Because my engine is still out for a few more days. I discharged the A/C system and saw very little oil come out, so do I still need to add 2 ounces of PAG 46 oil? I cut the hoses to fit and connected the ac system back together, but there is residual air sitting in it since I opened the system up. Does this mean I absolutely positively have to replace the dryer canister up by the firewall? I'd rather avoid that if possible. It's not open to the atmosphere at all now and any are its seeing is what was in the system when I sealed it. Its only been a few days and it could be that way for at least a week more before I get the motor in to spin the compressor and refill the freon. I got that ES12a Industrial to try out. I ordered 6 cans, so I might end up with extra if anyone needs some

Also Jimmy and Tony, I want to get into some HPDE and road racing more with this car now that it's getting back together, you should let me know when you do that, I'd like to tag along and learn. I don't know what this blower will make as far as boost considering it's a frankenstein setup, but I'm hoping the e85 and KC can keep the temps down enough (if I command the AC to stay on at WOT) that I wont have to pulley up at all to reduce heat in a road race situation. Now if only those R888s I have my eyes on will come off backorder lol

Last edited:

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
I'm seeing IAT2 temps of around 90-100* with outside temps 85*+, spikes up to around 110* after getting into it, but then lowers pretty fast with normal driving. I just installed the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge, the gauge comes in useful for monitoring temps, I have mine set for monitoring IAT, IAT2, and engine coolant temps. Great gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread