How to justify money spent at young ages?

Cobra84

Established Member
This is a very good thread. Very interesting in what all the different members have to say. I will add that i am 23 with no debt and i also have no cobra. This is the thing though. The 2 and a half years that i have been driving the DD car i haven't been wasting payments on a GT that was never going to be what i wanted it to be. I look at it as i am suffering for a couple years to eventually get what i want (03-04 Cobra) and not be in a lot of dept doing so. I agree with the everything in moderation statement, nothing could be truer! Buy what you want, but in reason

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
its all about what is going to make you happiest overall. going out and spending all your money on something when you could be saving up to put a downpayment on a house or something will probably make you happy short term but give it a few months and you will be looking for the next new thing to buy and not be happy at all. with that said everyone out there has those purchases that they made and you can look back and say that you got your moneys worth out of it even if it was a bit of a splurge. so like most have posted, its a balance.

for example i have been skiing/snowboarding about 3 times in my life and even though its expensive as hell to go (like $1000-$1500 each time) i wouldnt trade those experiences in. i had a ton of fun with friends and really enjoyed myself.

but the bottom line to me is that its ALWAYS best to error on the side of being cautious with your $$$. you never know when you might fall on hard times.

Users who are viewing this thread