How to jack up each wheel to change a tire

Bob g

Established Member
I was reading and inspecting the under side of my 1995 Cobra -R the cross members seem hallow so I would not advise using then to jack up one side to change a wheel. So what is the proper procedure ? I need to take my track tires off the seller left on . I want to put back the factory tires and rims . I was told to put a jack under the a arm is this correct? What about the rear wheels, were is a safe jacking point to raise each side?
Also what is the proper torque setting for the lug bolts.

Thank you
Bob Geco
[email protected]

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I was reading and inspecting the under side of my 1995 Cobra -R the cross members seem hallow so I would not advise using then to jack up one side to change a wheel. So what is the proper procedure ? I need to take my track tires off the seller left on . I want to put back the factory tires and rims . I was told to put a jack under the a arm is this correct? What about the rear wheels, were is a safe jacking point to raise each side?
Also what is the proper torque setting for the lug bolts.

Thank you
Bob Geco
[email protected]

Thank you for the post Bob.

If you are using your OEM jack, you need to place it under the vehicle jack points. You can find this information in your owners manual. If you are using a floor jack, you can place it under the vehicle jack points or under the frame.

As far as the proper lug torque goes, I do not show this spec in my system for the Cobra-R but I imagine it's going to be 100lbs. This information should also be listed in your owners manual.

Users who are viewing this thread