How to install new shifter.

Red10thcv

Established Member
Need help in installing my new shifter the easiest way. I remember see step-by-step pics, but forgot where their posted:bash:. I started a "How To" Thread if anyone would like to help. Thanks.

BlackenedSVT

The Clown has it out 4 me
Established Member
go to americanmuscle.com under shifters, go to the bottom of the page with all the aftermarket shifters. I think they have a "how to" walk-through video you can watch.

6-Speed

Established Member
Need help in installing my new shifter the easiest way. I remember see step-by-step pics, but forgot where their posted:bash:. I started a "How To" Thread if anyone would like to help. Thanks.
Once you install the shifter - you can post how you did it there. :beer:

Red10thcv

Established Member
Thanks Everyone.

Thanks:rockon: BlackenedSVT, 6-Speed, and BossBullit with the pm.
Looks like I will be busy this weekend. Also, got a GrabberPony shift ball on order.:burnout:

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Wow.... I just got one and don't want to install it now.. Seriously, you have to drop the driveshaft? WEAK!

chimazo

Established Member
Wow.... I just got one and don't want to install it now.. Seriously, you have to drop the driveshaft? WEAK!

Yeah, I know...
My FFRP shifter has been sitting on the garage floor for 2 months telling me what a girlie-man I am for not installing it already. I keep rationalizing that since I have to remove the driveshaft anyway, why not do it when I get the one-piece DS?:shrug:

skyhighsd

Established Member
Its not really that hard to change out, only took a couple of hours and a few words. I was able to change mine out with the exhaust still hooked up and the ds still in. Just had a floor jack holding up the rear of the trans and removed the crossmember then lowered down the tail of the trans as far as I could and kept the jack under it. Had to do a lot of feeling around to figure out how things came apart.

Red10thcv

Established Member
Shifter In!

Took the day off from work to do the install. Those pics really helped out alot. Thanks everyone. Not an easy job--just takes time and alot of "patience". But the short-shifts are really Great.:rockon: The money I saved on the FRRP shifter and me installing it myself can only mean one thing.
Lowering Springs and Upper/Lower Control Arms!!!:burnout:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Took the day off from work to do the install. Those pics really helped out alot. Thanks everyone. Not an easy job--just takes time and alot of "patience". But the short-shifts are really Great.:rockon: The money I saved on the FRRP shifter and me installing it myself can only mean one thing.
Lowering Springs and Upper/Lower Control Arms!!!:burnout:

gotta love saving a few bucks...more mods on the way............lol

6-Speed

Established Member
I had my shifter installed for no charge when my dealer performed the tranny TSB. I just asked the service advisor nicely and provided them with the part. I also provided a copy of my receipt for them to register the installation with Ford Racing for warranty purposes.

MrRob96fs

U like them spinnin tires
Established Member
I have been dreading this install as well after seeing how hard it is versus the t-56 short throw. How much nicer is the KR shifter than stock anyways?

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
all that for a short shifter? geez...I'll stick to my 4 bolt short shifter

Red10thcv

Established Member
Impressive.

I really:pepper: like:pepper: the KR shifter. To tell you the truth Ford said a 25% shorter throw, but it seems even better than that like 40%! Yes, it's alot more work than expected, but after you do it once than you can help a friend and look like a real Ford mechanic.:burnout:Thanks 6-Speed for the pics.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread