How to Install a Boost Gauge

Dierz

Established Member
Any suggestion's on how to add a Auto Meter Boost Gauge? Got the EGR Temp Gauge which so simple but not sure which lines are for the boost gage with out messing things up.
Apprecaite any advise. :shrug:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I believe the factory boost guage line comes in behind the glove box. I have seen some guys put a "T" in that line and run a new line from their to the new gauge.

jonas

Established Member
Bump,

Id like an answer too. this 0|_________|10 crap blows

thinking of that and maybe an electric a/f meter mounted on the autometer cluster kit

Dierz

Established Member
Jonas. Do u ride a black 03 id see on the 405?
Well get the EGR Temp gauge. I measures by temp of exhaust vs going via A/F Meter which i heard is totally off.

Meters cool were u just see how well the temp of the exhaust is. Its like the A/F on the Dyno Shops. 11:1 is 1100 for Rich. 13:1 is 1300 for lean. Higher temps relate to leaner conditions.

Just cant find that damn tube.

jonas

Established Member
hmm egt would be good too and its mechanical = easy instal.

The car you see isnt mine. I have a sonic blue one with chrome rims i just picked up last thursday.

We should meet up and trek down to lacr one of these fridays :)

Dierz

Established Member
Dude that would be sweet.
As for the Gage sorry the only back kick to this is u have to buy a temp probe. I dished out 130.00 for it. Drill a small hole & wrap it the way it comes. Have to install on my X-pipe. now.

Do u know a shop to take the car to? Swansons Performance is open on Sat. just in case ur work days are all crazy.

Ur loving life now arent u? :)

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
you all shoudl really look into the Overlay that Ray Hilton made. It works peferfectly and displays boost up 16-17psi and takes a whole 30min to install.

trey193

Established Member
His instructions call for several hours to install the overlays, and I am just not sure how accurate it is comparing it to an aftermarket autometer or something??

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Supposedly its pretty damn accurate for what it is. I believe that Ray did alot of testing with his equipment to make sure that it's withim 0.5lbs of boost. I'll take that for $22 and an hour of work. plus the "stealth" factor is always there too, and i didn't want to butcher my dash or drill extra holes for an aftermarket boost gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread