How to identify rear coupe springs?

ROADSTR6

Deficient SVT Poster
Established Member
I've been wanting to change out the rear springs in my 'vert for some coupe springs to hopefully reduce wheel hop over the super soft 'vert springs. I've found a fellow cobra owner (who actually posts on here too) who has two springs from his '04 coupe that he's willing to sell. Problem is he's not sure if they're for the front or for the rear. He already had aftermarket springs installed when he bought his car. I suspect that if he only has two springs, the PO probably sold the rears and kept the fronts. How do I tell if the springs he's got are fronts or rears? Are the fronts longer? Anybody out there with measurements? Any markings I should look for? Also, what's a set of used rear coupe springs worth? What should I offer him if the springs he has are indeed rears? By the way, the tag on them reads SVT XL3V and below that 5310AA. The springs have seven full coils.

ROADSTR6

Deficient SVT Poster
Established Member
SVT2ner,
Thanks for the install info. You did reply to this before but I need more specific information. The guy who has the springs only has two springs. He doesn't have a full set and he doesn't know if the two he has are fronts or rears. I don't have anything to compare them to so "wide and less coils" doesn't help me much. I've done a tad of research and I think rear coupe springs should have 6.5 coils and should have a purple tag that reads ACR. If anyone knows that this is correct, let me know.

Thanks

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I've done a tad of research and I think rear coupe springs should have 6.5 coils and should have a purple tag that reads ACR. If anyone knows that this is correct, let me know.

Thanks

As far as the tag is concerned, your research was correct... :thumbsup:
(I don't know the coil count)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread