How to Identify Rear Coupe Springs?

ROADSTR6

Deficient SVT Poster
Established Member
I've been wanting to change out the rear springs in my 'vert for some coupe springs to hopefully reduce wheel hop over the super soft 'vert springs. I've found a fellow cobra owner (who actually posts on here too) who has two springs from his '04 coupe that he's willing to sell. Problem is he's not sure if they're for the front or for the rear. He already had aftermarket springs installed when he bought his car. I suspect that if he only has two springs, the PO probably sold the rears and kept the fronts. How do I tell if the springs he's got are fronts or rears? Are the fronts longer? Anybody out there with measurements? Any markings I should look for? Also, what's a set of used rear coupe springs worth? What should I offer him if the springs he has are indeed rears?

Last edited:

svt2ner

Established Member
The front springs are taller. You can pick up a full set of stock coupe springs real cheap like 40-50 bucks. So maybe do half that.

ROADSTR6

Deficient SVT Poster
Established Member
Okay guys. I need some help here. The guy selling me the springs said this about them: "The tag on them reads SVT XL3V and below that 5310AA. I know there are 7 full coils on them." Are these rear springs?

Users who are viewing this thread