How to ID clutch?

HoosierDave

My other car is 03 Cobra
Established Member
Guys, is there any way to identify what kind of aftermarket clutch a car has? My clutch pedal is WAY stiffer than a stock Cobra, but I don't know what kind of clutch is on this thing. Any way to find out?

HoosierDave

My other car is 03 Cobra
Established Member
I got the cover off and snapped a photo of the clutch, does this shed any light on it? I didn't really notice a specific color.

2010-11-21_16_54_45.gif

HoosierDave

My other car is 03 Cobra
Established Member
I only say that because I have a buddy with an 03 and he drove my car the other day, said that my clutch is way stiffer than his. Maybe his is unusually easy...

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Do you or him have an adjustable cable, that might not have that significant of a 'stiffness' change. But could have a little to do with it.

Slow99x

Established Member
Some early Cobras have very stiff clutches (like mine). Putting in an aftermarket one actually reduced pedal pressure but not by much.

HoosierDave

My other car is 03 Cobra
Established Member
Just talked to him today. His is aftermaket - Spec 3. He does have an adjustable cable. I do not. My Cobra is early manufacture. What do you guys think? I've just got stiff stock clutch?

monX

Established Member
My car is an early build #109 and the stock clutch was very light... I installed spec 3+ and its actually much heavier...

Users who are viewing this thread