How to have 730 RWHP, and get 20+ MPG

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
This is the only way that I can do it. 1/2 gal used loading it on the trailer, and another 1/2 gal getting it off the trailer after being trailered 20 miles home, after blowing a transmission cooler line last night. :)

20mpg.jpg

I had temporary trans cooler lines on it while I was doing all the fabrication work to fit the YSi in, and had not got to that part of the to do list. Went out for a club meeting last night, and a cruise after, and the line let loose. Will route new metal lines to the coolers this week.

I am sure I will drop to around 12 MPG the next outing, but will be a lot more fun driving it, rather than riding in the truck. :)

Thanks to the Wildhorses Mustang Club, it is in my garage with no damage to the trans.

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
OH MAN! Finally you got her done and broke something haha! Awesome job, looks so FINE! Post some vids as soon as possible! :bowdown: :rockon: :pop: I've been waiting for some updates for way too long :D

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
Thanks guys. It has been a lot of work building it, but it a BLAST to drive. Yes, it was featured in June or July 06 MM&FF, and a couple other magazines.
I completed the YSi install, and am just completing converting it to E85 so I can up the boost from 15-20 psi. I still have several things to do before hitting the strip next month. Looking for low 6s in the 1/8th.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
god i've always loved your tbird!! ever since my days on tccoa/sccoa

Blown02

Established Member
Lol.
I got 24.7mpg with 750rwhp or almost 900 flywheel hp with 3.73 gears, 5spd, AC on, and cruisin at 80mph!
Nice car tho.

turbosaleen

Established Member
:)

i get 22 mpg with my 89 fox body vert with 733 rwhp and 750 rwtq turbocharged

and 24 mpg highway with my 06 802 rwhp 800 rwtq kene bell plus nitrous.

Users who are viewing this thread