How to go about this?

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
So I have always wondered about this...

This morning on my way to work I ended up behind a car that had all of their tail lights burned out. I almost ran into the back of him because as I came over a hill I didn't (couldn't) tell that he had slowed down. The only reason I didn't hit him was because I was far enough away to slow down when I did realize it.

Anyway, is it ok to call the police and report that? I have seen this a few times, but never knew if I should call or not.

Thanks!

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
You can always call and report anything you'd like. If the local LEO's see fit they will investigate them self’s to see if Legal action is required or not, based on their findings, not your report. But your report may be the cause for them to look into it. If you don’t report it, then it’s just if a LEO see’s it or not, or someone else may not be so lucky. You get my drift?

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Yes you can report it.Give a tag and description of the vehicle.Unless you were able to stay behind the car until officers caught up to you,they would have to see the violation themselves.Its usually a fix it ticket or warning,but yes it is dangerous.Obviously if an officer pulls the car or sees the car slowing without tail/brake lights,there is justification for a stop

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
Thanks guys :beer:

If I see this car again I will call it in. Or do that with any car. I would hate for the person to cause an accident. Especially since half the time people don't know their tail lights are out!

edit: just for reference, I don't necessairly want the guy to get a ticket, just make sure the person knows about it. More for safety reasons than anything else.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread