How to get this sound?

ARC

Established Member
Nasty Sounding Cammed Mustangs Compilation - YouTube

Around 32 seconds.

I've got a 2014 Mustang GT (track pack). I currently have a Pypes axleback exhaust on it (only mod). Just curious how you get this sound. Is it just performance cams or is headers, cam, etc. I know you must get car tuned if you do add aftermarket cams.

ARC

Established Member
You don't like the sound? P.s. I was talking about the yellow GT.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
cam tune is not dangerous. but this motors sound nothing like the old modular motors. different firing order. imo the coyote is the worst sounding mustang v8 to date. but it makes good power so it does not matter.

ARC

Established Member
I wouldn't know what the other motors sound like. I do enjoy mine with just the pype bombs. Where would you get the cam tune if you were so inclined?

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Its safe. Alittle ricey. But safe.
1989 mustang lx with 302 and flows are the best sounding ever.

ARC

Established Member
So what the pros and cons and where do I get one of these tunes? Mail order? Just buy a handheld tuner and get an emailed tuned?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
cam tune is not dangerous. but this motors sound nothing like the old modular motors. different firing order. imo the coyote is the worst sounding mustang v8 to date. but it makes good power so it does not matter.

Yep.

My understanding is that the stock coyote cams have enough overlap that if you were to lock out the phasers they would lope a little bit. Putting big cams in but keeping the phasers (TiVCT) working takes most of the lope out of them, too.

If you really want that sound a cam tune might be for you. Not going to get into whether it's ricey or not. :D

ARC

Established Member
Yep.

My understanding is that the stock coyote cams have enough overlap that if you were to lock out the phasers they would lope a little bit. Putting big cams in but keeping the phasers (TiVCT) working takes most of the lope out of them, too.

If you really want that sound a cam tune might be for you. Not going to get into whether it's ricey or not. :D

It does void my factory warranty though. Lol :(

Give Shaun at AED a call...or any of the big guys...Lund, BBR, JPC and so on

I just might. See my above response though. That's a big downside.

Gray5.0

Established Member
As soon as you get a tune it does void your warranty. I think to get that sound you'd have to delete your cats and get a ghost tune minimum

Nuar

Established Member
Welcome to the toughest decision you will make for your car. To tune and void the warranty or not to tune. :)

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Its safe. Alittle ricey. But safe.
1989 mustang lx with 302 and flows are the best sounding ever.

Almost agree! Had ported polished heads, B303 (hot) cam JBA shorties, straight pipes into Dynomax on my '89GT. Sounded like a late 60's big block! Loved it. Didn't care for the tin can Flow sound

Users who are viewing this thread