How to get out of apt lease

montecarlo01ss

Established Member
I rented an apartment back in september of '08 and i dont feel like living there anymore, my hours got cut at my job and no one is hiring (stupid michigan) they dont sub-lease so i feel like im screwed.. if i get evicted do i have to pay a fee??

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
if they evict you they would take your security deposit as payment for that months rent etc. or anyhting you owe to them for bills/repairs

chvyeter

new motor almost finished
Established Member
You need to check cuz the last place I rented from could/would make me pay the rent until either my lease is up or another renter moves in.

montecarlo01ss

Established Member
security deposit is only $100 not really that big of a deal to me.. and the landlord is a 300lb lady ill pass on that part

sn8kbte

1999 ELECTRIC GREEN
Established Member
Well here in cali if u get evicted u still gotta pay remaining months otherwise they send u to collections... That happened to my girl cut her hours moved in with me she gave them notice to the apt... But eventually they called her before they went to collections so I had to help her pay the rest even though she didn't live there anymore but check it out and gl finding a job..

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
To get out of your lease you need to review the lease and see what it calls for. However, if they dont have an "out" clause and there isnt a constructive eviction you will likely not have a way out that doesnt excuse you from paying rent until the end of the lease term.

There are too many variables without seeing the lease itself.

svt99rag

Established Member
You may be able to buy out of it, mine is 60 days notice and one months rent, check your lease.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Chances are you will be hosed, i know in certain states you have to give a 30 day notice to give the landlord a chance to find a replacement unless you have one in the works already, and if that fails you pay the last months rent. I went through that in January when i left the military. The chances of you working a deal are going to be slim, and if you do get anything make certain it is in writing, you do not want to be looking like a fool on Judge Judy

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Most of the time if you find someone to replace you, they let you out. But you have to get the person, not their job.

yellowbra

Established Member
You need to check cuz the last place I rented from could/would make me pay the rent until either my lease is up or another renter moves in.

this is the case at the apartment complex I work at. Only way out of a lease is military or death. Or find someone to rent the place so then your off the hook.

Users who are viewing this thread