How to get an N/A cobra to trap 128?

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
96 cobra. Is this possible? Anyone know of such an accomplishment?

I'm at 340 wheel horse now with boltons and 4.10 gears. I have a 150 shot and 28 inch ET streets.

Not interested in E.T., just the trap.

dogg502

Established Member
all I did to my 03 was put a stroked windsor in it with a 100 shot that got me a 132 trap. lol , joking aside I think you would have to do some motor work along the lines of higher comp. pistons and head work along with a healthy shot of the juice to see those trap speeds.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
It's at 10 to 1 now with shaved 03 heads. Even if I bumped the shot up to 175 would that trap be possible?

rwboring

Established Member
On the spray. Spray doesn't alter the aspiration.

actually it does... it isn't FI however adding oxygen into intake is not "naturally aspirated"... I understand what you are saying that there is no "forced" air, however you are not taking air from the atmosphere...

I guess what I am saying it is neither. It is in the technicality of the definition, FI takes the "atmospheric pressure" out of the equation but with spay you aren't using "air"...

slow2v

GONE
Established Member
smh, so much fail...idk whats worse, the whole NA while spraying bullshit or caring about trap but not et

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
actually it does... it isn't FI however adding oxygen into intake is not "naturally aspirated"... I understand what you are saying that there is no "forced" air, however you are not taking air from the atmosphere...

I guess what I am saying it is neither. It is in the technicality of the definition, FI takes the "atmospheric pressure" out of the equation but with spay you aren't using "air"...
Wellll.... technically...it doesn't matter where the air is coming from, as long as it's there to overcome the vacuum in the airflow intake tract of an engine, as well as produce compressed air into said intake tract it's forced induction. N2O is not air under compression, and it does not overcome engine vacuum, so it lacks the two defining characteristics of forced induction.

But we can call it non- N/A. :rockon::rockon:

Something about "How to get a non- N/A N2O cobra to trap 128?" as a title seemed silly though. Ha.

^^^ Agree!! Its called Juicing.

Whats ur trap now?
I've never ran it.

smh, so much fail...idk whats worse, the whole NA while spraying bullshit or caring about trap but not et
You complaining about it?

Sorry if I misled anyone, we can definitely refer to it as NOT being N/A.

ctgreddy

Established Member
340whp now with a 100 shot will put you in the 450/550tq area, and that's quite a ways off from your goals. how much does your car weigh? unless it's sub 3k pounds it's going to be hard. I'd say you're atleast going to need a 150 shot. however, non of us can tell you forsure, you're going to have to get to the track and run it a couple times and see where it's at, then you'll know how much further you have to go.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
I'd say you're at least going to need a 150 shot.

I have a 150 shot and 28 inch ET streets.
:shrug:

I just want to know if it's possible, and what things(if any) you could do to increase the chance. For instance, a friend suggested running a tall tire(28") with low psi so that the tire will grow as speed increases, giving me a little bit lower gear ratio. I have 4.10's.

99MystiC

Established Member
:shrug:

I just want to know if it's possible, and what things(if any) you could do to increase the chance. For instance, a friend suggested running a tall tire(28") with low psi so that the tire will grow as speed increases, giving me a little bit lower gear ratio. I have 4.10's.

IF anything the 28s are slowing u down. Ive been through this already 28s and 26s. May i ask why do u care about trap v et?

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
You are going to need 500 rwhp to trap 128. That will require a forged bottom end. What is your mod list now?

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
I was trying to keep the reasons why out of it just to focus on the question. But basically I'm trying to compete with a specific car that traps 126.

What was your experience with the 2 different tire sizes?

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
You are going to need 500 rwhp to trap 128. That will require a forged bottom end. What is your mod list now?
Thanks for getting down to it. That's what I like to hear. I suppose a 175 shot is going to be necessary.

Mod list is rods/pistons, 03 heads, 96 cams degreed, ported short runner 99 intake, 1 5/8" long tubes/H pipe, 4.10's, 28" ET streets, March fluidamper/R pullies, tune. T45 trans.

99MystiC

Established Member
I was trying to keep the reasons why out of it just to focus on the question. But basically I'm trying to compete with a specific car that traps 126.

What was your experience with the 2 different tire sizes?

Well the 26s woke the car up esp when i went auto. With the auto and 28s it was a dog. Once the 26s where on it she woke up.

Jroc

Established Member
Try swapping to a new 5.0 Coyote or Roadrunner and mod it from there if you want to stay Ford, and don't want to go with an old school setup. N2O is not N/A. Also do a lot of weight saving mods.

Jroc

Established Member
Ok. Any trap/E.T. numbers to back that up with though?

No but you're going to need a lot of power to trap that high in a Mustang, and getting it from a 4.6L DOHC motor without a power adder is going to be hard to do.

People have made over 500 whp with the new 5.0's.(and even that's not simple, cheap, or easy I don't think) The only 4.6, and 5.4 modulars I've see do that where built like a mofo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread