How to get a quiet exhaust?

03blackvert

Established Member
I've been paying a lot of attention to the exhaust threads. It's clear you need something more free-flowing to get the maximum power (at least, with any mods), and that most people seem to like it, well, loud.

Well, not me. I want a sleeper. I want stock noise levels, but without the stock restriction. I know, I know, it's probably impossible. How can you get things quiet without hurting hp? So far the only idea I have is to have someone custom build a true 3" system, allowing the use of much larger mufflers. I suspect space under the car is going to be a problem though.

Consider a car with the usual mods (chip, pully, CAI of some sort). How can you make the exhaust note quiet without killing power?

CWCobra

Established Member
The FR-500 exhaust is REAL quiet. Just like stock. Expensive, though. And the 2000 rpm drone really gets to you. If you want quiet, it's gonna be hard to beat stock. And think of the $ you'll save!
Later,
CW

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
The Kenny Brown system is supposed to be quiet. I have not heard it but from what they say it's about as close to factory noise levels as you can get with a free flowing system. It is expensive as well.

Poison_S

Established Member
I talked to Kenny Brown about three weeks ago. The exhaust system they offer for the 03 Cobra *is* the FR500 system.

Users who are viewing this thread