How to fix crooked rear bumper lettering? Also, why is my fender/door crooked?

Glen

Established Member
Okay, whoever put the inserts on the rear bumper of my car must have been stoned. Seriously, look at this:

IIDAb.png

jyfk6.png

It looks pretty tacky at most angles, and the sloppy placement is especially noticeable up close. Is there any way to safely remove and re-seat these inserts without damaging the paint yet still ensuring a long lasting stick?

And on another note, I glared at the driver's side door today while spray detailing the car, and noticed the door looks a little ****-eyed. I did rear-end somebody a little over a week ago (predominantly ending up with front driver's side damage), but I'm curious to see if anybody else notices little idiosyncrasies like these, as I know Ford's factory body work is anything but laser sharp. I can't imagine that a relatively light rear end collision could cause something like this.

vL8ys.png

You can tell that the door isn't seated perfectly straight. There is a chip at the lower front corner of the door, perhaps where it has rubbed. The weather stripping is also noticeably uneven where it runs along the door and separates at the rear quarter panel.

Hopefully some of you guru's and long-term Ford owners can give me insight and/or piece at mind. I may have to inspect the driver's side fender as well, as it may have budged during the collision.

- G

fast ford brian

Established Member
I have spent an hour or so trying to fix the fender and door gaps on mine only to still have them uneven . You can move the fender around a little but thats about it.

DRAGUL

Established Member
Looks like the hinges are worn and the door has dropped. See if there is any up and down play in the door. Also need to clean up the calipers.

VincodeY

Established Member
glad I have black. I notice them because it's my car but otherwise plp can't really tell. Kinda sticks out with that disgusting yellow. =) jk

edit: You will need to grab some fishing line and a hair dryer to pop those suckers off. Get some 3M DS adhesive to place them back. Make sure you clean off the surface beforehand. Hope this helps man.

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
Okay, whoever put the inserts on the rear bumper of my car must have been stoned. Seriously, look at this:

IIDAb.png

jyfk6.png

It looks pretty tacky at most angles, and the sloppy placement is especially noticeable up close. Is there any way to safely remove and re-seat these inserts without damaging the paint yet still ensuring a long lasting stick?

And on another note, I glared at the driver's side door today while spray detailing the car, and noticed the door looks a little ****-eyed. I did rear-end somebody a little over a week ago (predominantly ending up with front driver's side damage), but I'm curious to see if anybody else notices little idiosyncrasies like these, as I know Ford's factory body work is anything but laser sharp. I can't imagine that a relatively light rear end collision could cause something like this.

vL8ys.png

You can tell that the door isn't seated perfectly straight. There is a chip at the lower front corner of the door, perhaps where it has rubbed. The weather stripping is also noticeably uneven where it runs along the door and separates at the rear quarter panel.

Hopefully some of you guru's and long-term Ford owners can give me insight and/or piece at mind. I may have to inspect the driver's side fender as well, as it may have budged during the collision.

- G

I would bet you any amount of money, thats my old 04 cobra. Bet!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
My door and fender gaps aren't uniform either. I've screwed with the fenders a few times tweaking things, but never been able to get them how I'd like them. No one but me really seems to notice, though.

Users who are viewing this thread