How to figure the value of a 1973 Mach 1?

99GreenCobra

Established Member
My dad has had a 73 mach 1 for a few years. Drove it a bit then started to fix something under the dash. Kinda lost interest. It was a Cali car and has rear disk brakes. The body is in great shape, no rust or dents. Paint maybe isn't perfect. It has a 351C with a 4bbl I believe and an auto. Was a good runner but its in a few pieces and the starter is seized. He thinks its worth 6k or under and I think with a bit of work it can be worth 10-12 easy. I know geographically it will differ. I am having a hard time finding them for sale almost anywhere in Canada. The one I did find close was no a fastback and it was in similar shape and the asking price was 16k.

Any thoughts?

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
assuming that the interior is in "good" shape and the rest of the is in "good" shape, I'd say if you put it back together and get it running it would be good for at least $10k

99GreenCobra

Established Member
The interior needs a bit of work, but it's in good shape.

Thanks thou. I thought 10 for sure. Nearly choked when he said 6 or less. Thanks for that. Or I might buy it and keep it lol. I'm sure my boy would enjoy that too.

Users who are viewing this thread