How to: E-brake handle vibration fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgurleyjr

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
Okay, after dealing with this for months, I finally decided to pull my center console out and take a look. After scratching my dash in three places and a few choice words, I realized that it never needed to even come out. When your e-brake is not engaged, move your handle side to side to see how much play you have. Mine had probably close to an inch or more and it would vibrate at different rpm's.
It appears that all of the e-brake components are pressed together with a pin that can not be tightened whatsoever. All you have to do is to
remove your center console tray that is secured with two phillips screws hidden by two black rubber caps. Once out, move you ebrake handle up and down and look just to the right side of where the ebrake lever is pressed into the gearing. Take a washer just thick enough to jam in between the moving lever and ebrake assy. It will make the beginning of the ebrake travel stiffer as the washer will rotate with the ebrake but will stop all vibration of the handle and the button.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread