how to determine if my sct ba3000 went the way of the buffalo

quick88lx

Established Member
from massachusettes/ staioned in louisiana
posted this up in the terminator engine/tuning section with no replys so figured id try here.

mods are in sig and specifics tested are as read in paragraph below.

so i just installed my 2.6kb/jlt next gen high boost/ sct BA3000 all parts are used. I loaded up my tune (using email tunes to work out the bugs then going to a shop once i move across the country in a month so as to not waste money needing a retune for the new environment) and the car will start and immediately die after trying to idle for about 10-20 seconds failing miserably. when i unplug the maf though it idles perfectly fine. i even tried with the maf in a jlt short ram and same issue. now if i load up an older eaton tune with my BA 2800 installed car idles fine. im trying to determine if its the tune to blame or if its the maf that is the issue. how can i accurately check to see which is the problem?

thanks for the help

-steve

01yellercobra

Established Member
You'll have to datalog with the new MAF. The wrong values could've been loaded. Or it's just that far off.

jpplaw

Established Member
Yeah, most likely the new tune is way off on the MAF transfer. Can you keep it running long enough to datalog RPM, MAF counts/voltage, airflow and AFR?

Unplugging the MAF makes the PCM run off the LWFM table instead of your MAF tables, so it doesn't really mean anything - the problem could still be the sensor itself or the tune. A datalog will tell you if the MAF is 1. putting out anything, and if so, 2. if it is a decent curve, and 3. if it is the right curve.

Last edited:

jpplaw

Established Member
Datalog RPM, MAF counts or voltage, airflow and AFR if you can. Not sure how an 88 puts out the airflow reading, could be #/min or something like that. More than likely the motor is actually getting way more air than the MAF is telling the PCM it is getting. If you can get it to run for 120 seconds and get warm, you may be able to get it into closed loop, then the O2's might help it keep running.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread