How to change a Coyote fuel filter?

faztcobra

Established Member
I've done some reading and from what I can gather, it's an in-tank filter. I did a search on instructions and haven't really come across anything. Do any of you guys have any input or links to where I might find this info? I'm putting in a GT500 filter for conversion to E85. Also, is there a particular filter that might be better than the other? I see a few of them out there, or is the Ford branded filter A-ok?

87hatchy

Established Member
I *think* the regular GTs have a filter in the tank as part of the pump assembly that is supposed to last the life of the pump (i.e. never needs replaced) and the GT500 has the traditional inline filter that you can change.

Could be wrong though...

Also, never heard of anyone changing a fuel filter to go e85. Don't think its necessary...

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
He might be talking abouy useing a gt500 fuel filter when draininh fuel. Since you can clip it into the line to the rail. Shaun at aed said to use it for e85.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

pohnjarker

Established Member
^^ good to know, i havent heard that before but i'll keep in mind if i ever move to a place that has E85 available. and since Shaun is already my tuner, he'll probably remind me...haha

faztcobra

Established Member
He might be talking abouy useing a gt500 fuel filter when draininh fuel. Since you can clip it into the line to the rail. Shaun at aed said to use it for e85.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
You're spot on. I got clarification from Shaun.

Users who are viewing this thread