How to "burp" cooling system?

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
How do you "burp" these cooling systems? Im in the dark here on where the thermostat is even. On my old mustang the thermostat was right up top, but im not sure where it is on this car. I need to change the coolant and ive always been told to burp the system to get all the air out.

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Use the bleeder on the black crossover tube by the blower snoot. You must burp it several times. Bring it up to temp and bleed it again. This is the highest point on the motor. Good luck.

Rick

predator

Established Member
FYI....look for the large hose running down the engine side...center... of the radiator. The T-stat is located in the cast housing at the end of that hose. After the cast housing the hose continues and branches.

Hope this made sense....a pic would have been better!

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Originally posted by AmazonRacing
Use the bleeder on the black crossover tube by the blower snoot. You must burp it several times. Bring it up to temp and bleed it again. This is the highest point on the motor. Good luck.

Rick

Thanks rick, that solved my problem!

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Originally posted by predator
FYI....look for the large hose running down the engine side...center... of the radiator. The T-stat is located in the cast housing at the end of that hose. After the cast housing the hose continues and branches.

Hope this made sense....a pic would have been better!

2 radiator hoses. When you face the engine one is on the left, one is in the middle. They both lead to the hard upper pipes. Is the thermostat housing somewhere in that area?

Steve Snake Driver

Established Member
Thermostat is located low on the driver's side.

Also, when burping the system, turn heater on to full blast and verifiy that hot air is coming out. This is to ensure you don't stop bleeding the system before any air trapped in heater is gone.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
I burped the system 3 times, then took it for a test drive. After doing some highway pulls and watching the ECT temps on my predator, everything is running a'ok. One question though, what is normal operating temps for these cars?

Users who are viewing this thread