How to bulletproof the Steeda anti-roll bar

Gojira

Established Member
Like many anti-roll bars Steeda anti-roll bar is not made for street use. But it just doesnt make any sense to unhook one of the arms for street use and then have the car unsafe and squirrely. Therefore, I always keep mine bolted up.

I could tell from looking at the Steeda unit that I would be just a matter of time before one or both of the arms tore off. I have anti-roll bar on my fox body that has similiar arm designs as the Steeda and it failed aftersome street use. The fix I employed for my fox body unit is the same I did for the Steeda. Being too lazy to make the necessary modification from the start I went ahead and ran it and figured I'd fix it when it failed.

The arms are made from two pieces of plate steel with the edges folded over and welded to eachother. When they are cut there is a little grove thats left on each plate and this groove along with no material on the backside of the arm is what leaves the arm vulnerable to ripping. Just as expected one of the arms on mine failed. Here are the before and after pics. This fix can also be done before the arms break and you will never have any problems from the arms failing.

Use steel plate and make a piece of "strap" out of it. Fold it over the back side rounded edge of the arm and weld it in place. Also look at the eyelet side of the arm. You well need to weld up the groove that was left from when the piece was priginaly made bye Steeda or else the eyelets will want to tear too. Mine were starting to show sines of failing so those were welded up too.

Everthing else about the piece is such high quality im suprised Steeda falls so short when it comes to the arm design. I really think that they should make the arms like this from the start but it is what it is.

/
/
steeda-gt500-antirollbar-01.JPG

/
In the picture below you can see one arm is completely ripped off and the other one has already started to rip too.
/
steeda-gt500-antirollbar-02.JPG

/
Pictures below are after the repair and repainted.
/
steeda-gt500-antirollbar-03.JPG

/
/
steeda-gt500-antirollbar-04.JPG

/
/
steeda-gt500-antirollbar-05.JPG

/
/
steeda-gt500-antirollbar-06.JPG

/
Below pic: do you see where that small weld is on the eyelet end? Normally that there is a gap there from Steeda. A gap there makes it easier for a tear to start. Both of the arms were starting to get week at these points too. so they were welde up.
/
steeda-gt500-antirollbar-07.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread