how to boost 91 octane to 93?

NSSVT

Established Member
where i live here in nova scotia canada, i cant get 93 octane at the pump. 91 is the highest. is there any way of gaining 2 points in octane. i know most of the octane boosters you can buy at part stores and walmart are mostly junk. so any info is great.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
Research toluene and you'll see how to do it.

Personally.. I'd add a bit of mavels mystery oil too.

Rich

NSSVT

Established Member
yeah that would be an option to. but my girlfriend would say different. i just hate how we only have 91 octane. when i lived in edmonton, alberta you could get 94 octane at the husky gas station's.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
so how much toluene do i mix with a tank of fuel? and how safe is it to use?

Research it. You'll need to use mostly toluene and add a few other things to it. It's not hard.. just research it and you'll be able to blend your own for less than buying racing fuel.

Rich

NSSVT

Established Member
yup another canuck here!! i wonder how many L owners are on here from canada? i used to see quite a few L owners in edmonton driving around. not so many here on the east coast.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Torco flat out...unless you start mixing race fuel.
Now while yes the octane boosters you buy at the parts store will work...you will need soo much of the stuff its both pointless and your truck will run like ass

NSSVT

Established Member
you are lucky MJG!! i wish i had 94 at the pump still. it would be so much easier. and yes i agree with you Kryo-Genik. it does run like ass.

Users who are viewing this thread