how the f does this happen!!!

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
well im driving to my buddies house no problem untill i get there. i make a 3 point turn and as i reverse back i hear a fat clunk sound. at first i thought i was rubbing so i continue slowly reversing untill it happened again. So i jump out of my car in the middle of the street and my damn wheel is bent in sideways. We check out the car and noticed the strut just blew out. I mean the ball joint on top of my cc plates is completely loose/ u can wiggle it any direction and when we jacked up the car the shock isnt even conected. The shaft just came out. How does something like this hapen when there is pressure and weight on the shock. It looks like like i need to order a new left front shock. im surprised because its a bilstein adn thought theyre bullet proof. anyways im just happy this didnt happen on the freeway or some major busy road.

Taz

Established Member
Sucks. I've never heard of one going like that. Maybe bottoming it out reeeeeeally hard could do it. Even though Bils have internal bump stops, they can still be broken if bottomed out with enough force.

On the up side, I think Virtual is right - if you bought it new and still have your invoice, you should get another one free.

T-

HIErPwRd

Established Member
like you said, just glad it didnt happen at speed/in traffic..

not sure what all is warrantied if you didnt buy them new, but if by chance theyre the HD's then you should be good for life :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread