How should I sell the car?

iflybyu

Established Member
i recently put a tvs gen 2 gt500 blower on my cobra with a leathal budget return style fuel system and a Afro duel fan heat exchanger and a drag pack. Clean car but has 94k miles about 300 on the build. Took the car to the track and lost all power around the 1/8 and was smoking didn't make any noises but u could tell it was missing on one cylider. Did a compression check and the passenger side where all fine but the driver side where all low and one was 0. A guy ik has a c6 z06 that he will give me a deal on but i need to sell my car. Should i invest in trying to fix and sell or as roller or part out? I've put about 10 gs in it over the last yr and I'm just tired of it I've had the car around 9yrs and Wanda move on. Thanks

Zemedici

Established Member
Entirely up to you, parting out is time intensive but most profitable, dumping as is would be easiest but least amount of money.

I’d fix it and try to sell

lx347cid

Established Member
300 miles on the build. What happened? Who tuned it?
Id just sell all the new tvs parts and then sell car as close to stock as possible.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
If you spend the money to rebuild the motor then you may as well keep and enjoy it. If you don't fix it then I would sell the performance parts seperate from the vehicle. That is unless you no longer have the stock parts to replace the TVS, etc.
selling a non working car as a whole is better than selling a non working car that's missing parts.

IllCobra

Established Member
I am with lx347cid. Did you rebuild it yourself or have a shop do it? I would be asking myself what went wrong there first.

iflybyu

Established Member
I had it tuned at a shop on a dyno jet and it put down 595 with a intake temperature of 150 we did that pull and couldn't get the temp down ( coolent pump was broke) he said it should put down around 630 with the pump fixed. He said the motor sounded strong. So me and my dad put a Afro heat exchanger on it and a new pump. Took it to the track and lost all power at around the 1/8 it blew the tips off one of my plugs. And wouldn't stay under power. So i took it to a closer shop to have it fixed he also changed the clutch and retuned it. It felt really fast but at idle when i would give it throttle it would die or nearly die so i changed the tps and it was doing the same thing still. But it was fine after i got going. Well my dad and one of his friends where going to the track to run there cars so i had to bring mine like a dumb ass and the first pass right before the 1/8 it lost power and started smoking.

Users who are viewing this thread