How Screwed Am I?

turd burglar

Established Member
Went to install my clutch line last night, and in the process of pulling off the retaining clip, the whole elbow came out of the trans, even the plastic retaining clip holding the elbow into the bell housing, in the process of trying to get it back in, which isn't a simple push in and you're done sort of deal, the plastic retaining clip turned into a multi piece unit and is now broken lol installed the clutch line anyways, bled the system and there's no leaks, but I don't know if there's a chance it's going to pop out when the car has an actual load on it and hydraulic pressure might be higher? Any help is much appreciated.
20140511_215523.gif

clinton2003

Established Member
That is just a thing to hold the line. I wouldnt worry much about it. Just zip tie the line to some wires so it has less movement in it. Shouldnt have any issues.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
No, that clip just holds the slave cyl hard line to the bell housing to make it easier to clip together. There's no pressure on it and the hard line in the bell housing is rigid, so it won't move. If it makes you feel better, slit a short piece of fuel hose and wrap it around the hard line with some zipties in the bellhousing to act like a grommet.

turd burglar

Established Member
Thanks guys! Found the part number and got it at my local dealership, was only $10, see if I can break this one too haha

Users who are viewing this thread