How safe is a tune without data logging

crazygn

Established Member
My car runs good other then some idle problems... Is it safe to just get a tune for your mods without any data logging at all

crazygn

Established Member
I've had a hypermotive tune without data logging... Just sent my mods and they sent a tune .. I hear great things about these guys

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I will never tune a car without looking at a BARE MINIMUM what I just did. Some tuners will not even tune a car with out a pre-tune data log!

These care are fantastic to tune via email when everything is in order plus there super simple to datalog. Why would you NOT look at the logs of what you just sent someone who spent money to have you tune his or her car?

Even if you had the magic tune, that worked on every car... I would WANT TO MAKE SURE everything is in order!

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I would at least do some datalogs just to make sure everything is okay. It may be running fine, but there may be issues that just haven't shown their ugly head yet. Anomalies can happen

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Typically it depends on the mods. If the car just has an air intake and mufflers it's really not a big deal.

It's when you start getting farther into the car it helps just to verify everything is functioning as it should

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you go with someone that knows what they are doing, Lund, AED, JPC, etc.. you should be fine.

I would def datalog with a company that has only been tuning cars for 2 months and no one knows who is actually doing the tuning.

goat-ee

Established Member
I can't even imagine why a person cheaps out and/or gets lazy and not datalog? It's very simple to do and the AED's and Mike Rousch's of the world make the car a whole new experience when completed. The tune on these cars is all important, do it right or not at all IMO!!

ford20

Established Member
I've had a hypermotive tune without data logging... Just sent my mods and they sent a tune .. I hear great things about these guys

I agree, I have a Hypermotive tune and I love it. Everything is right where it should be and it runs and idles great. Granted I have basically a stock car with just a tune so it isn't really that hard to mess it up but still.

GT915

Established Member
I agree, I have a Hypermotive tune and I love it. Everything is right where it should be and it runs and idles great. Granted I have basically a stock car with just a tune so it isn't really that hard to mess it up but still.

How do you know "everything is right where it should be"? Have you logged it or do you just assume that it's all cool because it runs great. You already have the programmer and the software is free. All you need is a laptop and a few minutes for a little peace of mind. I'd at least want to know what the knock sensors are doing. I had problems with finding quality fuel when I first got my tune and if it weren't for datalogs, I'd have never known it. I log mine from time to time just to check. That's just me though.

ford20

Established Member
How do you know "everything is right where it should be"? Have you logged it or do you just assume that it's all cool because it runs great. You already have the programmer and the software is free. All you need is a laptop and a few minutes for a little peace of mind. I'd at least want to know what the knock sensors are doing. I had problems with finding quality fuel when I first got my tune and if it weren't for datalogs, I'd have never known it. I log mine from time to time just to check. That's just me though.

I blindly trust my $13,000 motor to some person. Nah, I datalogged it and got the confirmation that all is well.

crazygn

Established Member
Sorry guys I didn't know you posted ... I've done a few more mods

Axle back
K&N cai
Upr 3"x pipe no cats
Speedmaster long tube headers
Boss intake manifold
3.73 gears

My cars best was [email protected] mph 800 ish DA
After headers and boss mani my best is [email protected] DA was 264

Just sent my first log to see why my mph seems low

crazygn

Established Member
Who's bob haha ... It's a stick car .. I run it pretty hard and just think it should mph higher since my buddys car does 115.6 with a h pipe and tune also

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Who's bob haha ... It's a stick car .. I run it pretty hard and just think it should mph higher since my buddys car does 115.6 with a h pipe and tune also

My car with...

xpipe
over axle pipes
axle back
k+n drop in
lund tune
3.31 gears
factory tires

60 - 2.02
330 - 5.41
1/8 - 8.12
1/8 mph - 91.76
1/4 - 12.36
1/4 mph - 117.19

5/12/12 at Cecil. Not sure of d/a but Cecil runs a negative d/a in the summer time lol

I did the boss manifold, steeda air intake, 85mm throttle body, aluminum driveshaft and on 275 nitto 555's it would go 12.20 at 120.6-120.7 in the fall

Users who are viewing this thread