how reliable is your snake?

QU!CK

Bite The Bullitt...
Established Member
On the road again...just can't wait to get on the
Just as the title states, how realiable is your cobra? Is it your daily driver? Weekend Warrior/Grocery Getter? How many miles do you have on it...any problems (if any) and what have you had to replace (if anything).

And yes, again, I did search, I'd just like to get a more recient update as to how peoples cars are doing since this will be my daily driver for the next couple of years :beer:

-J

Blown95Cobra

Wheres my torque?
Established Member
mine has 51K miles on it and it ran great til i threw some boost at it and then it popped :( so now im in the middle of a rebuild, hopefully the new motor will hold boost better than this motor did :)

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
51K, ill ive had to replace are the brake pads. and im gonna need to do a clutch soon. My posi is goin out so im gonna have to rebuild the rearend soon. but thats all expected. i probably wont have many problems till i start gettin some boost or hittin the bottle, or both........... oh yeah my car is my daily nad she is the delivery beast for work!

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Daily driver, for almost 3 years. 95,400 miles. Rebuilt trans after I got it. New clutch assy, rotors & pads, carpet, upper seat covers (cracked/torn), fuel pump, universal joints, starter (my fault). Getting ready to replace rear suspension now.

Can't really say I've had any problems - never got stranded, or had to "limp in." Just wish there was someway to keep it clean. Driving it everyday really screws-up a 2 hour car wash. It's a vicious circle, this time of year.

cbar7.jpg

Dan

Last edited:

whitecobra98

Established Member
I wish mine were my daily driver, but living here, it would be impossible. I bought mine with 26k, was able to put on 5k, but i'm waiting for the ice to disappear, so that I can put her to sleep for the winter. Not knowing what was done to it before I bought it other than gears and flows, I had the coolant flushed, oil changed, rearend serviced, and a complete lookover. They couldn't upsell me anything. The car was mint....then I drove it away. Parked it in my garage, and it poured out gear lube all over. It smoked the bearings, so the dealership rebuilt it for nothing. Other than a clutch probably coming up in the near future, no problems yet (fingers crossed) :pepper:

Skudra

Established Member
Mine is a daily driver with 141K KM on it. When I got it I had to replace the outer tie rods, reseal the differential cover cuz it was leaking pretty good, pout in a new overflow tank cuz the coolant was leaking over everything in my engine compartment, and its in the shop with an unknown oil pump problem. But I still love my car. Oh wait, and I will hace to get a new clutch at the end of the summer cuz my throwout bearing needs to be replaced and its really annoying.

97Cobra@GT

Established Member
69000 bought it with 50000 and have not had to do anything but change the spark plugs, runs very well.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
mine was great until i got greedy with nitrous and popped the motor. When I got it back, it was AWESOME until i bolted some slicks onto it. Now I can't keep the rear end together :(

But, it has held up very well considering how i drive it - i drive it like i hate i'm trying to break it. i hate it when people say my car is unrealible....when they do, i ask them to let me drive THEIR car for a week and see how long it lasts with me racing it :-D

95cobby

Established Member
I use my Cobra as a daily driver. It has 80k on it and the only thing that went bad that i had to replace was the fuel pump. I put a new 255lph in it and now it works great. I have done all the normal tune up stuff on her also, sparkplugs cap rotor wires.... Sometime soon I'm going to put a new clutch in her beacuse I think it's starting to slip. Other then that the car is doing great and is all covered up for the winter.

blk96SVT

Established Member
Mine has 93000 miles on it and they have been pretty hard miles. I bought it with 44,000 miles a little over 2 years ago. Only thing that was replaced that actually stopped working was the alternator and pads/rotors. Just replaced my shocks/struts with Bilsteins too. They are great cars as long as you maintain them like any other car.

GNGREN

Established Member
Mine has a little over 95K on it drive most days when nice weather is around (little over 100 miles to and from work a day.). replaced clutch, pads and rotors, full tune up, this summer and fall. Still runs like a top.

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
mine has almost 80k and minor problems. just the reg wear and tear... spark plugs, wires, s-belt, and tires...and the level button for the A/c went out which was like $14. and a black box? of the ac broke, which was like 200 but we dont talk about that.. engine wise this is an awesome CAR! no problems. i have friends with civics and other imports the same age or younger and have had major problems.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
I don't want to jinx myself, but it's been rock solid! Getting the groceries with the mods in my sig make it especially fun!!! :thumbsup:

Forgot to mention it has about 170k on the clock and still :burnout:

Last edited:

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Got mine last year with 48k, now has over 62k. Other than regular maintence I havent had to replace anything because of failure. Runs awesome, and Im lovin that I finally have her again.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Usual tune up stuff when I bought it
U-joints
One tie rod end
Clutch/pressure plate/throw out bearing

The only time I was ever really "stranded" was when my pressure plate and clutch took a dump, and even then it was just a simple call to AAA. About an hour later I was back home.

I bought the car with 57.3k miles, it now has 73k and change. I've owned it about two and a half years.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
mine is a daily drive with 84,000. the tranny is going and the spider gears in the rear broke(previous owner drag raced ALOT) but other than that the only problem i've had is the master cylinder went out. when i get my new tranny in she'll be perfect. im not going to say anything about the motor because i dont want to jinx myself:)

94CobraPace

Established Member
125,000 + here & only minor things, clutch, water pump, pads, rotors, tune up. I did have the tranny rebuilt @ 122000 miles, it still was working, but wanted to freshen it up.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
76K and still running strong. I have owned it for 2 1/2 years and got it with 48K on the clock.

I've only had to replace the battery, & tires. Everything else is holding up strong, but she will be ready for a clutch here next summer or spring. I've been very happy with this car and it has never let me down. Very easy to work on, and reliable. Now only if the trans wasn't so weak...

ATI%20Procharger%20d3m4.jpg

Last edited:

mustangdan429

Established Member
i got it with 69,990 miles on it, their is now 74,045 miles. i have had it since about june 5th. its my daily driver

things wrong:
front right brake CLICKS
Tranny grinds sometimes on a hard shift. also pops out of reverse sometimes
rear axel leaks - pinion seal (before i got it someone rebuilt the rearend and now the seal leaks)

hopefully some techs at work will help me fix these things, otherwise it might be a while.

Users who are viewing this thread