How rare is this car?(Dearborn Classic Big Block/4spd).

nik96

Established Member
Well after 7 years of sitting on blocks, I decided to dust off my first car. It's actually a '68 LTD XL Fastback, same thing.

Anyway, kicking the idea of selling around and I understand this is a rare car with it's options(390/4spd/Front discs/Fastback). Anyone know how I could determine it's rarity by production number with these options?

galaxie048.jpg

galaxie038.jpg

galaxie036.jpg

galaxie039.jpg

galaxie040.jpg

galaxie042.jpg

galaxie044.jpg

If anyone knows a way to break it down, please let me know. I *heared* this car is 1 of 29 optioned this way.

Last edited:

oilwell1415

Established Member
It doesn't matter how rare it is, what matters is how desirable the remaining examples are for potential buyers.

It looks like what you have is an XL, not an LTD. They were different models in 68 and there were over 50k of them made. Not really rare by any means. Judging from the size of the car and the engines Ford was offering in 68 I'd guess that the 302 was the most popular engine, followed by the 390 which probably included the 4 speed. Disc brakes aren't really that big of a deal. I don't doubt that it's 1 of 29 optioned EXACTLY like yours, but I would be shocked if it's 1 of 29 with 390/4sp/disc brakes. Those options were just too common then.

You've got a cool car. Keep it and enjoy it when you can. If you do sell it, you will regret it later.

nik96

Established Member
Paid for a marti report today. Should give me a pretty specific breakdown. It's likely not 1/29 but I believe it is pretty rare. In my life, I've seen 2 LTD XL fastbacks and both where 302/auto.

Users who are viewing this thread