How quick are stock lightnings?

SAC Man

Established Member
Id look into some basic maintenance. Plugs, fuel filter, cleaning the intercooler. That said bone stock with 10000 miles mine ran 13.6
Dusten, I've been curious about how fast my '02 is. I didn't have a chance to get to the track this year. We have an 1/8 mile track south of Council Bluffs and a 1/4 mile track in Kearney. I'm running 14 lb of boost, E85, shift kit, street slicks and some unnecessary traction bars. I'm guessing 500 hp under the hood, maybe a little more. What do you think my 1/4 or 1/8 times would be? Should definitely be in the 12's but do you think it would make it into the 11's? Thanks. Bob
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/how-quick-are-stock-lightnings.1115281/

Last edited by a moderator:

Dusten

Established Member
Dusten, I've been curious about how fast my '02 is. I didn't have a chance to get to the track this year. We have an 1/8 mile track south of Council Bluffs and a 1/4 mile track in Kearney. I'm running 14 lb of boost, E85, shift kit, street slicks and some unnecessary traction bars. I'm guessing 500 hp under the hood, maybe a little more. What do you think my 1/4 or 1/8 times would be? Should definitely be in the 12's but do you think it would make it into the 11's? Thanks. Bob
14lbs on a stock blower is nowhere near 500hp. Even on e85 it's likely 420-430. That said, truck should run low 12s with a good tune. I ran 12.40s @ 424hp on slicks with a stall.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I have a buddy of mine that has a stock Lightning and runs 13.5-13.6 so consistently that he bracket races and owns the track.

The only way you were losing to a 6 cyl if
the truck is in good running shape is if the car was not stick or it was a Super Track Pack. I had both the 6 cyl and the 8 cyl STP and they ran the same 0-60's but the 6 cyl was faster on the road course due to the lighter weight and better low-end torque.

I would do some of the above mentioned maintenance, get some good gas in it and get it tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread