How one person can ruin something for hundreds.

DET_SVT02

Established Member
This morning my Gf was going to get finals tickets at the palace. I was to lazy to get up at 7 am n go stand in line so she took her friend. Well as there at the light to turn left into the Palace parking lot the light turns green and they go.(there the 1st car at the light) Then bam a pick up truck blew a red lite that had changed and been red for a few seconds and t bones them at 50-60mph. The driver wasnt paying attention so she didnt even hit the breaks full speed collision. Car is totaled luckely my Gf is ok just a few stiches on her knee, seatbelt n air bag rash and a sore back.
Her friend who was on the impact side has to stay over nite. She has a broken ankle n leg. Car even caught fire and someone was smart enough to wave down a truckdriver and get his extingusher.They had to use the jaws of life. The accident blocked traffic for hours and the hundreds of people behind them in line on the road never got in to get tickets. The doctors and police were awesome they said they d get them tickets cause of the accident. Im glad I was sleeply or id have been the one in the passanger seat. I feel bad for her friend it should have been me and not her odd how life is. Amazing how one person in la la land just ruined so many peoples day.

peterjmc

Azn SVT Own3r
Established Member
Damn, that blows man. I'm glad those involved made it out ok. It's interesting how one thing causes a domino effect for everything else. I hope for a speedy recovery for your GF and friend.

Did you guys end up getting the tickets?

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
that sucks man, but like you said, they are "ok" which is the only good part to the story. congrats on the tix too!

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Hope she gets better. Sucks that someone wasn't paying any attention at all. Sue the dumbass.

matchb0x

I'm a grown ass man!
Established Member
Back in the states aka 'the land of liberals'
You wanna really talk about one person ruining things for a lot of people? I'm in the military, aircraft field to be more specific. Our job guides are rife with warnings and cautions because some idiot thought it'd be a good idea to not wear face protection while wokring underneath hydraulic lines. :cuss:

I could go on for days but i wont. :fm:

DET_SVT02

Established Member
pete svt shark ty guys for ur comments there both doing well my Gf is looking at a HD truck now. I wont let her get a lightning like mine because she smokes and I know she will in the truck although she said she wont. Im so vein at times. Just playing about not letting her get a svt but I did mention the smoking . Do you goes smoke in your svts? As far as the tickets there supposed to get them yes but I told her to take her friend who got hurt instead of me she deserves it.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
DET_SVT05 said:
pete svt shark ty guys for ur comments there both doing well my Gf is looking at a HD truck now. I wont let her get a lightning like mine because she smokes and I know she will in the truck although she said she wont. Im so vein at times. Just playing about not letting her get a svt but I did mention the smoking . Do you goes smoke in your svts? As far as the tickets there supposed to get them yes but I told her to take her friend who got hurt instead of me she deserves it.

say what?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Was it the left turn coming entering off exit 81? It's pretty hard to imagine someone running that red light. That's a ****in big ass road with at least two hanging lights for the 3 lanes it crosses to get into the palace...

Glad they're ok...

NVWSSV

Read It Upside Down
Established Member
I think he said his girlfriend is looking into purchasing a Chevy HD truck now. He won't let her buy a Lightning because she smokes and he would never allow smoking in an SVT product. Also he's going to be a good guy and let the passenger whom was injured use what was to be his ticket to go see the game.

Hope I got it right.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
I'm glad your gf was ok; scratches will heal. My gf was in an accident a while back and managed to text me before she was taken to the hospital. FYI, getting a text from your sig. other that says "I was in a car accident" and never getting a response and her not picking up her phone will scare the absolute hell out of you. Lucky she was ok just a mild concussion but I still know how you feel. Glad she'll be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread