How old is everyone?

99E.GreenCobra

Established Member
bob v said:
Dude! At almost 50, I must be the grandpa of the group. I got my '01 convertible as a solution to my mid-life crisis. Haven't stopped smiling since (until my 16 year old got his liscense).
:thumbsup: Your a kid
57.........and for awhile battled my step son on why it just wont be wise to take my baby.......even tho I've had a 68 Plymourh RR, Torino GT, Javelin then at age 40 a LX 5.0, I been waiting all my car life for one like this..its a keeper :coolman:

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
44 here. I was accused of having a mid-life crisis when I got my first vert about 8 yrs ago, but a good friend of mine said that the people saying that don't know me very well. She said you have to grow up first to have a mid-life crisis!

I attribute it to finally having enough "disposable" income to get a car that I want. That, plus I did get rid of my motorcycle right after our first was born. I wanted my kids to know me for a long time. So the vert helps me enjoy nice days.

Just waiting for the water temp to get high enough to use the other gas guzzlers: the boat has a 302 in it (looks just like the 5.0 from my '91 except the intake faces the opposite direction) pulled by the Burb w/a 350.

Money -- easy come, easy go. You guys <21 w/Cobras need to go tell your parents thanks! Either they're helping out a lot or they've taught you well. Boy, I'm sounding like my dad!!

CobraKalas

Established Member
3B99SVT said:
You guys <21 w/Cobras need to go tell your parents thanks! Either they're helping out a lot or they've taught you well. Boy, I'm sounding like my dad!!

no help from mommy and daddy here, (besides the 1800 mile drive to get there haha)

Cobra Kai

Never Dies
Established Member
3B99SVT said:
44 here. I attribute it to finally having enough "disposable" income to get a car that I want. That, plus I did get rid of my motorcycle right after our first was born. I wanted my kids to know me for a long time. So the vert helps me enjoy nice days.

Me too. Rode for 17 years as primary transportation. Bambinos change everything. The vert allows the love affair with the wind to rekindle with an external safety cage. I guess with six wrecks, it was time to give the guardian angel a break.

Last edited:

ak_sn8k01

sparky is hot (o)(o)
Established Member
frankin said:
Watch me top this one! 53 and don't call me grandpa!

People tell me I look early 40's I think they are just trying to be nice.

good one Frank ( :poke: same here)

...now the question is:

R U A grandpa? :-D

frankin

Established Member
99E.GreenSnake said:
:D Your not, I think 59 tops the list and Im right behind....BTW....cool cars reduce age by 15%.like on a Dyno :-D

Thanks! I noticed that I get a lot of looks from the ladies when I drive the Mustang. When I drive my Bronco, I get no looks. I used to race quite a bit back in the 70s. I ran a modified Plymouth RR with a 383. You could do quite a bit with this engine. I had 420rwhp and that was good for that time.
Was the 99 Mustang SVT Cobra all hand built? I thought I read that somewhere.

frankin

Established Member
ak_sn8k01 said:
good one Frank ( :poke: same here)

...now the question is:

R U A grandpa? :-D

Not yet. I have one child and he is 13 going on 35. It was dangerious for my wife to have children and we thank GOD he arrived okay. So I'm not Grandpa yet. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread