How often do you haul with your L

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
Well I recently bought a dirtbike and want something to occasionally haul it with.

I hate it when I see lightnings with trailers let alone with stuff in the bed. but the most I would be using it to haul a bike with would be maybe 2-3x a year and it would be stored winters.

plus I would have a nice summer cruiser.

how often do you haul with your L?

What are your opinions on using your truck for utility?

I would justify this purchase as a useful toy.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I agree an L with a trailer may seem a little off but cramming a dirtbike in the bed every once in a while isn't that bad IMO.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Until I put it on race/good weather only duty almost every weekend. Its a frickin truck use it as one.

towing1.jpg

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I've used mine to pick up heating and cooling systems before. It's one of the few vehicles on the road that can hall a thousand pounds of stuff from point a to b then run a 12 second 1/4 mile. Doesn't get any better than that.

tistan

Established Member
I think mine looks pretty good when hauling. I haul my car and trailer 4-5 times a year.
DSC00240.jpg

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
My truck is almost a garage queen. I don't haul most "typical" things in the bed since with the Speedstur tonneau and the bedrug it makes the bed essentialy a big trunk.
I've towed everything from open car trailers, to a fully enclosed tandem axel over 1k miles in a single run. Only one thing with a trailer I will not do is launch/recover a boat (except sailboats since they use a strap/sinking trailer.) Too many horror stories and pictures of people backing down the boat ramp and sliding down into the water due to a lack of traction on a slick ramp to risk it.

mifordman

Established Member
100_2695.jpg

100_2696.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

i have towed with it several times as well. two dirt bikes in the back and two brute forces on the trailer, it did just fine.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I hauled my yz250 and banshee a few times in my L. Also towed my bud's cobra. Since she is lowered now, no more towing. But i will only put my bikes in back my truck as the last resort. It's a pain in the ass removing the factory bed cover.

NJ 03Mach1

Hillclimbers do it better
Established Member
I plan on getting either an L or a SC'd Harley truck (essentially a 4dr L) to tow with and haul the family around.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
That was the great thing about the Lightning was the it still had utility in it. When the SRT10 came out it was a joke because it had no utility in it!

FORD4U

Established Member
i used mine to haul until i bought my PSD , i used it to haul my 18ft trailer with my mustang on it, great ability but becasue i lowered my L it didnt have much suspension travel in the back. great power, only truck ive seen do a burn out with a trailer hooked to it lol

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
They're made to pull/haul, that's why they came with a class IV hitch! There's nothing more badass than leaving from a stop pulling a trailer loaded down in a cloud of tire smoke. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread