How not to VOID the warranty...?

LoLO

Established Member
I have a 2006 Mustang GT, I want to add some mods, I don't know.. supercharger.. or maybe just a CAI etc ... But I've heard it will VOID my warranty. What can I do ?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Not mod the car..... :poke: Get in good with your advisor at the dealership and find out what mods you can do that won't void the warranty. Most don't care if you have exhaust/intake done to the car. Anything other than that I have found to be different from each dealership.

blown88gt

Established Member
Some dealers will let chips go most won't CAI and Aft Cat Exhaust you could most likely get away with a SuperCharger No way. Supercharger would void Engine, Tranny, Rearend, pretty much all driveline components

04 Redline

Established Member
Technically, any modification is possible to void a specific part of the warranty. The gray area lays in the fact that the modified component must be directly related to a possible problem for it to void anything. For the 03/04 Cobra guys, the pulley swap is a definite void. Even if you want to pull a fast one and return it to stock, only a dumbass tech will not notice removed bolts, scratched supercharger shafts, and so on. Safe mods; exhaust, CAI, probably will not cause any damage to anything. Gears, chip, tune (tapping into PCM), headers, MAF, possible voiders.
The thing about the 05+'s is that they have a lot of electronic nannies holding them back. It's up to you. Oh, and the "power packs" offered by Ford Racing are capable of voiding a warranty if something goes wrong. Probably won't, but they can.

SpeedKillz

Established Member
could he get a factory supercharger from lets say Roush? will they void the warranty?......n/m

Users who are viewing this thread