How much you paid for changing Springs / Shocks?

Frogger

Established Member
Today i have a quote that it will cost me $350 bucks is that fair price? Should i ask more places ?
Alos they told me i will need alighment and that will be $90 for 4 wheels/ Basic alighment.

If anything will come up they said it would be more.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I bought a case of beer and some pizza. Grab some friends and get at it. It isn't a huge ordeal.

OrangeMachine

Established Member
Well, I got more stuff done at the same time, but for $425 they did the following:
Shocks/struts
Springs
C/C plates
Right rear axle replaced (axle included in price)
catback installed

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
Ditto here too, pretty much basic tools needed except to get the abs sensor off the front. But I'm a certified tool junkie, so I had that too. Like they said, it isn't that hard at all.

green99_svt

Established Member
just a bit of advice when a shop says a basic alignment they usually mean an algnment check and a toe set. caster camber adjustments usually are higher.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Wow!!! Im gonna move to where you guys are from and open a spring installation shop. $425 if you go on www.maximummotorsports.com you can print off the best "how to" instructions available for every suspension mod in the book. "Well I just dont have the right tools." Is not a valid excuse either! Take the $425 and go to Sears and come home with a damn nice set of tools, a floorjack and some good jackstands and do it yourself. Bonus Youll learn alot about your car in the process. :idea:

As for alignment shops the fanciest doesnt mean the best. Ask guys around at the local tracks and spped shops where they get their alignments done. I heard about a shop this way, small hole in the wall place but they did a complete four wheel alignment for $65 and they did it right :beer: good luck :beer: 2881

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
What kind of springs are you putting in ?? H&R Race Springs will give you a little bit of a bitch in the rear .... Fronts are a piece of cake..

Frogger

Established Member
I already have eibach springs. Just waiting for shocks, i both used shocks 7,000 on them from 03 cobra.I just hope they will fit mine 99 Cobra.

I want to install all mineself but i know it takes about 3- 5 hours in the shope to do it. For me probably 2 days, if i was lucky. I will go and try to find shop that will give me better price. I have wheels new and wnat to put them on, when i do that i need alighment right! Wheels are ballance but when i go over 60 stering wheel shakes on sides.
Then i will drop the car and will need alighment one more time is that true?

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Don't know how diff it is, but I did my GT's with H&R's 2 years go (I was 17) and I had very little wrenching time under my belt, me and 3 friends did it in about 6 or 7 hours, taking breaks, and BS'ing. it was hard work (because it was HOT outside) but not mechanically hard, just time consuming. I am with 2881 on this one, spend the money u would have to install on tools, beer, and chicken wings, get 3 friends together, and make a saturday out of it. You will have a blast, and earn alot of respect FOR YOURSELF for knowing you did it.

casey99COBRA

Just a rookie!
Established Member
god if you can't take off 4 tires and unscrew a few bolts and compress a spring then go get it done lol

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Labor adds up fast especially if two guys are working on it, $50 per hour for two mechanics for 3 hours= $300.00

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Frogger said:
You all saying its easy so why they charge that much? :shrug:

They charge for how many hours that a book tells them too, so even if they finish in 2 hours and the book says like 6 hours they still charge 6 hours.

Step 1 ) find some friends.
step 2 ) offerer said friends beer and food for services.
step 3 ) proceed with install ( on a area with flat ground on jackstands with right tools)
step 4 ) finish thank friends for help and drive the piss out of it. :pepper:
step 5 ) take said friends out for beer and pizza (always works) :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread